New World

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Thymos, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Viradan

Viradan Getting Started

Thanks for sharing! Had no idea of this one upcoming. Checking it out for sure.

2. Tombstonee

Tombstonee Active Member

3. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi All,

I've also just today pre-ordered today on Steam myself. The release date is August 25th or thereabouts. I guess closed beta will be hopefully more than a full month of game testing. Versus pre-release access by a couple of days for pre-orders.

4. Noevilcross

Noevilcross Getting Started

Hiya:)

I've pre-ordered and looking forward to this game. Anyone going for this, I'm in! :)

5. Tilapia

Tilapia Getting Started

Looking forward to this - reminds me of the old Warhammer MMO

6. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi Guys,

Just to keep this thread lively. The Closed Beta Date is for July 23rd.

A Venture Beats article from June 13th citing the announcement. Link

For those unsure before pre-ordering can try their luck by just registering for the closed beta on the developer game site. Beta Sign-up Link I registered to see if I can snag an extra beta key to share with a TOGer later on once I secure it.

I suppose once we get closer to the closed beta we can decide which of the 3 factions we can unite under. They say that guilds can have up to 50 members currently. If that proves too small for us then other factions of TOG could appear beside the main one selected, I guess.

7. Tilapia

Tilapia Getting Started

Hearing a lot of things about ping being a massive factor, and with no Oceanic server in the beta its not looking great. I am still very interested in the game, just a lot of hate out there for it seems...valid or not we'll see....

8. Wizewon

Wizewon Getting Started

This looks enjoyable. :) Will be interesting to see how many join the fray. I'd imagine this beta will be the stress test to work out last kinks, pre release? Love this part of game release and dislike... Where production meets marketing. Where is, "good enough" to see $.
    Pre ordered.

9. LostSoul

LostSoul Getting Started

I hope this does better then their first release. I need a new addiction err.....game to play. ;):(

Wizewon likes this.
  10. morte

morte Well-Known Member

just pre-ordered on Steam.. beta entrance later this month apparently...

11. zetadeltar

zetadeltar Active Member

Looks like a popular game

12. Rincewind

Rincewind Getting Started

Hey All! Long time no see, since Gw2. I have been playing New World since Jan 2019. I was in the first beta, and have been playing the second beta since Jan 2020. A lot has changed from the first beta to this one. Mainly, in the first beta there was open world pvp and full loot pvp. Well, that's now gone. Players can still flag for PvP but there's no real incentive. The game is going to PvE route, as they just added quests at the start of this alpha. I have around 20 total days of game play in the current alpha and I played a ton last alpha. I've not been playing as much lately, mainly because I have a fully geared level 60 and am mainly just goofing around.

I wouldn't worry about faction too much, as there is no incentive to be one or the other, but it would be good to have the whole guild in one faction. Also, they aren't called guilds in New World but companies, and you can have up to 50 people total in a single company.

As for the current alpha, I'd say it's starting to wind down with the beta starting on July 23rd. It has already been said that there will be some time between the current alpha and the start of beta, more than likely a week. So, that leaves about 2 weeks of alpha left.

If there is serious interest in this game, I'd say lets try and gets some groups together when it starts. We could try the northern strategy, where you get enough grouped up, you head to the northern area where the mobs are much harder, but you level much faster. Anyway, I'll be checking in to see who is interested and I'll be more than willing to help out with my knowledge from the last two alphas ;)

Also, if you are looking for me in New World, my character's name is Sam Vimes

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Atrayo likes this.
  13. Daz

Daz Getting Started

Hi all

So is ToG going to have a presence in this game?

From what I have seen being in a company is really important and I would be keen to join up with a ToG company.

I am in Perth, WA so not sure what server will be best at this stage but definitely the chance to join folk from ToG in game would drive the choice of server and faction.

Hope to see you in game :)

14. Rincewind

Just a quick FYI, they just announced that the alpha server will be wiped in days. So, if you were thinking of coming over, I'd wait. The beta is still on track for 7/23. So, if people are thinking of playing, that would be the day to shoot for. Being in a company does have it's advantages, but it's not as needed as it was last alpha with PvP the way it was. Would suggest a discord channel for New World possibly, since when beta starts the NDA lifts and Discord can be used.

Previous alpha had base building, and that was the main reason for being in a company. Bases has company storage and their own crafting tables. Also, for PvP reasons you wanted to be part of a company. That has all been trashed, and you can no longer base built, and being part of a company isn't that important for PvP.

15. simontoad

simontoad Well-Known Member

I've pre-ordered this game and will be in the Beta. Looking forward to it.

16. octoclops

octoclops

-= BRONZE =-

Definitely going to look in to this. I remember someone mentioning that they'll be playing the game to see if it scratches the 'Firefall itch' and I'm really hoping so... have never played an MMO like it.

Fingers crossed.

17. Rincewind

QUICK UPDATE: They just announced that the release date has been pushed out to May 2021. The current alpha will still be shutting down on 7/12. There will be a stress test on 7/30 and then,

"As a thank you to our community, we will be providing a special opportunity for our Beta sign-up and pre-order customers (plus our Alpha testers, thank you!) to play the full game of New World - in its current state, for a limited period of time starting on August 25th."

So, that's the New World news for now.