[DONE] New Member Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by daglafe, Jul 1, 2021.

1. daglafe

daglafe Getting Started

Hi all.

I'm kind of new to your forum and looking to join what seems to be a place with some real longevity. I signed up 12+ years ago to arrange some clan wars in Combat Arms between another older member clan I was one of the admins for (Mature Volunteer Group - MVG) and TOG and we had some fun playing together. That group faded away years ago so I've just been puttering around since then playing games here and there with a few regular friends. I played World of Tanks for almost 10 years and recently decided to move on. I've also played a number of other online games (mostly shooters). I remembered you guys and decided to check if you were still around, well done!
    1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG? I started playing COD Warzone a few months back and have been mostly solo so far. I would love to play with some other older players who like to work together but don't take it all to seriously. So far mostly it's been mostly Plunder but I'd like to get into BR a little more with friends and coms as random players can be difficult.
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played? In the late 1970s I split time between my Atari and computer word games (Ultima, Star Trek, Kings Quest etc.) since that was available at the time. I used most of my paper route money in arcades ;).
    3. Why do you want to join TOG? Mostly to find like minded older players to team up with to play games. Maybe discord chat and in game comes, etc. I'm no super gamer and my reflexes are sadly not what they were years ago, I have enjoyed the hobby for decades.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. Besides the gaming stuff I'm a 50 year old a happily married father of 4, 2 teens left at home. I'm an architect by profession. Hobbies include hiking, woodworking, sports, DIY everything. I split my time between several things, so game when there is an opening.
    Some idea of your geographical location and the times that you play will also help. I currently reside in NW Georgia.
    Full Membership Requirements:

It is a requirement that you have read the TOG FAQ, are at least 25 years old, and that you've completed the "TOG Member Policies" section on the Registration form. If you did not complete that section during registration you can complete it now by editing the three (3) fields listed below in the "Edit Profile" section of the "Forum Actions" drop down tab (located top left under the support tab). You will find the three (3) fields near the bottom of the form:
    1. Are you applying for full TOG Membership? Yes please.
    2. Age Requirement I just hit double the age requirement this year, check.
    3. TOG FAQ Check.
    Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Thanks.

Dag

Rukus308, CAMMO, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  2. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Blimey Dag - your joining TOG not running for state senator! (big grin)

Lovely to hear from you and I'd be very happy to team up in Warzone!

Add me as a friend in the game. My in-game tag is Zoot#6260840. Myself and a few friends play mid-paced CHILL games for fun. We get the odd wins and regular top 10's etc. but we don't play angry or toxic and have a laugh even when we regularly get pasted!

Have a game or three and see what you think...catcha later...Mike

PS - Let me know your game tag on here as I don't normally reply to friend requests from folk I dont know (smile)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  3. daglafe

daglafe Getting Started

Ha! I'll blame the wordiness on the age and steer far clear of any runs at the Senate. I get a little surprised when I actually remember things. ;)

Thanks for the invite/intro.

daglafe#1679

4. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

I do appreciate someone who puts in the effort. You are very welcome to TOG mate :)

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. You could already see this, the following is new)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From stupid unicorns to axe murdering)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

Rukus308, CAMMO, Monty and 2 others like this.
  5. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Hi @daglafe and welcome to TOG mate. Nice introduction BTW o7

Just as an FYI, probably best not to refer to yourself as "dag" as it is an old Australian light reference / affectionate reference to someone who does not dress well, etc :) Of course it is all up to you buddy :)

Dag (slang) - Wikipedia

6. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome, I still remember the old Combat Arms games..... They were the good old days...

Now we have WoWS and WoT as well as the other games you like..

Enjoy.

7. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Dag it is :D

Rukus308 and daglafe like this.
  8. daglafe

daglafe Getting Started

Ha!

"Dag is an Australian and New Zealand slang term, also daggy (adjective).[1] In Australia, it is often used as an affectionate insult[2] for someone who is, or is perceived to be, unfashionable, lacking self-consciousness about their appearance and/or with poor social skills yet affable and amusing. It is also used to describe an amusing, quirky and likeable person (as in, "He's a bit of a dag") and is non-pejorative. The term was more widely used in the 70s due to the popular New Zealand comedy of Fred Dagg (John Clarke). The term may be simply affectionate, such as when it was used to describe the recipes in the enduringly popular Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book.[3]"

All my old Aussie and NZ clan friends got a kick out of it, certainly not the worst I have been called. I kind of like it and have been living that description too long to change at this point.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

cheers,

Dag

Rukus308, Gilderan and Shrubbo like this.
  9. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG Dag. :D

Rukus308, Gilderan and Shrubbo like this.
  10. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Hi Dag!

Thank you for sending your Battlenet id - if you could send me your in-game player tag I'll send a friend request...no worries!

Looking forward to chatting and having a game or three.

I'm in the UK by the way so will keep an eye out for you at dawn and dusk ;)

Kind regards...Mike

11. daglafe

daglafe Getting Started

daglafe#1505529

I also sent you a friend request in game.

Thanks.

Rukus308, Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.
  12. Moose

Moose Simulation Games Captain

Request sent

Rukus308, Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.
  13. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard @daglafe :D I remember playing in the Combat Arms division "back in the days", ahh was some good times all round, as long as you didn't get any hackers on the server/instance (standard FPS game woes)

CAMMO, Monty and Gilderan like this.