[DONE] New Applicant

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Angelus_Mortis, May 26, 2022.

1. Angelus_Mortis

Angelus_Mortis Getting Started

Greetings.

I am who my user name says I am, Angelus_Mortis, and I am old. I know this because I can actually remember watching the Apollo 11 moon landing, live, on black and white TV.

I have been playing WoT since 2014 after my son got me into the game. My first clan was The Southern Cross Armoured Regiment (SCAR) before it merged with the original 1AR (there now seems to be more than I remember). On the release of WoWS, I switched to playing that for a while. My current WoT clan is merely a holding clan were I have parked myself on extended long service leave. This is the only kind of long service leave I get these days as I have been retired for over ten years.

I have been gaming since the first days of 8086 PCs and Hercules graphics cards with dual 5.25" floppy drives and no HDD, only because "real gamers don't play on consoles", and have been an avid flight simmer and FPS gamer.

I have also dabbled in military miniature tabletop gaming, and have rediscovered model building in recent years, again thanks to my son and even my daughter. Little do they realise I am now spending their inheritance because of it.

So, why am I here? Hopefully because there might be someone here who actually understands black (oops, dark) humour, and know that, "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence." (Oscar Wilde)

Shrubbo, CAMMO and Monty like this.
  2. Angelus_Mortis

Angelus_Mortis Getting Started

Oh, I forgot to mention the pen and paper games.

Does papyrus count as paper? Otherwise the pen nib and ink use to catch on the paper too often.

Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.
  3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Howdy Angelus_Mortis and welcome.

Nice application by the way. So...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.
  4. pvt_griff

pvt_griff Getting Started

Loved the Hercules ... wasnt that orange and black???