My new free MMO

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Kess, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Kess

Kess Retired Captain

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get a general idea of what most toggers would recommend for my next free MMO. Just need something to play in between other games, so not really fussed on getting all hardcore with it.

I had a go of both Allods and Runes of Magic. I like them both, but which do you guys prefer? Or is there another out there you could recommend.

One with a lot of fellow ToG players would be nice too. Always after people to play with.

2. Keli

Keli Well-Known Member

Either is fine to be honest. RoM is more established.

I level capped a char in RoM and enjoyed it; trying Allods now and its pretty good as well. Both have a TOG presence.

3. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

well I can not do RoM, it'll take me beyond my bandwidth usage to just down load it.
    But I would have to give the same answer as Keli, RoM and Allods for the Free gaming.

Being RoM has it's own Div. I would say it has the larger Crowd, Allods we're still building one

4. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Both games are good, Allods is very promising and offers a lot of variety because you can play it from the League and Empire side. A down point would be the lack of inventory space, let's hope they will have interesting sales in their item shop that will allow players to buy space on discount.

I've been spending most of my time on RoM lately and I'm very happy so far. I like the daily quest system and dual class system. The economy on this game is good too, there are several ways of making money on this mmo. I would say this game is my favorite at the moment, but it's hard to compare since Allods is just starting.

I played a lot of free mmo's beside this, have a look in the free mmo review and discussion thread. This was before I played with tog and I doubt there is a lot of tog presence on them.

5. Leevers

Leevers Guest

RoM is good!

6. sschrupp

sschrupp Getting Started

Did you ever try The Chronicles of Spellborn? I wouldn't necessarily suggest it as one to focus on currently as it's waiting to be re-released with a new F2P/item mall system so it's kind of in limbo. But I think it's worthwhile to check out briefly simply for its very unique combat system. Seems odd at first, but by lvl 10 or so you can really begin to see how strategic setting up your skills in the proper order gets to be. It's free to download and play.

7. wikywik

wikywik Just Joined

How about, Cabal online - alot of grinding and quests good pvp system or Soul of the Ultimate Nation - Good pvp and long dungeon quests.