[DONE] My joining intro...

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Goesbysteve, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Goesbysteve

Goesbysteve Getting Started

Hi folks,

live registered ticked the right boxes, read the T&Cs FAQ etc. I’m well over 25..... my first computer was a zx80 but I guess the first computer game I played was a text adventure on a teletype console at school connected to the PDP 11/70 at the University of Hertfordshire. I played D&D and still play pen and paper RPGs and some table top RPGs when I can confidence someone to join me.

I’m uk based, I want to start playing socially as I’m fairly isolated physically and socially. I still work but from home, I don’t have any friends who play games so seeking a community anD maybe make some friends. I’ll share now I suffer depression and anxiety, I had a motorcycle accident in 1996 when I lost the use of my right arm.

I play RPGs mainly (Skyrim single player, divinity original sin 2, GTA yes as an RPG, Bastion on iOS, Firewatch etc) I also have some driving games interests like Spintires Mudrunner.

I am looking for players to join me on Divinity Original Sin 2 and Mudrunner but I’m also open to other games. Not into twitchy reaction FPS, MMO where it’s PvP and death upon spawning etc, I prefer a more thought approach and enjoying the social interaction and game playing together.

that’s about it!

2. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

OK quick one here as I am on smoko at work, You're in!!!!!!

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Shrubbo, Rukus308 and Goesbysteve like this.
  3. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG Goesbysteve :D There is a bunch of lads that do some D&D nights in TOG, there is a #dnd-chat channel in the group Discord server if that interests you, just a heads up anyways.

Shrubbo likes this.
  4. Goesbysteve

Goesbysteve Getting Started

thanks. I’ve joined the server and looked at the #dnd-chat but thought it was empty? Do I need to get an invite there first?

CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  5. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Yeah you'll need to request access for the member only channels to show anything, jump over to this forum (https://www.theoldergamers.com/forums/voice-communication-invites-discord.602/) and make an Discord access request post that includes your full Discord user name, "Ninja" will then get to it eventually and once sorted you'll see everything on the Discord server.

CAMMO, Goesbysteve and Shrubbo like this.