[DONE] Membership application for Star Citizen organization

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by i90rr, Jan 11, 2019.

1. i90rr

i90rr Getting Started

Hi everyone,

Another old-fart here :D

My story starts back in 1987 (or was it 1988?) when dad brought home our first ever home computer, a Timex Sinclair 2068, which will hold fond memories forever.
    At that time I was about 9 or 10 y/o (depending the year this happened which, honestly, I can't remember) and I got fascinated with this little new marvel.
    Because until that moment I never ever was exposed to the English language, and I was so excited about my new best friend, I started translating the manual word by word to understand how to operate the thing.
    Time passed, we then switched the Timex for an Atari 800XL for a short period of time (I've fond memories of it as well), then it was a CZ Spectrum (how not to love those!), which was later surpassed by a Spectrum 48K Plus (the one with the rigid keyboard) to, finally, switch first to an MSX Talent DPC-200 (MSX 1) and later to a MSX Spectravideo 728 which I still own.
    We also had a Commodore at some point before getting our first MSX, but we had to bring it back to the store since it was glitching a lot -- a shame, I really liked it.

I guess then it's natural that I ended up being primarily an IT guy :p

[ WARNING, BORING PARAGRAPH AHEAD -- AVOID IT ]
    Anyway, fast-forward 30 years into the future and I've played hundreds if not thousands of video games: from Ant Attack to Qbert, to Uridium, to R-Type, to Exerion, to Martianoids, to Prince of Persia, to California Games, to Out of this World/Another World, to Future Wars, to SimCity, to Jack the Nipper, to Doom, to Arkanoid, to Blockout, to Realms of Arkania, to Dark Sun, to Eternam, to Operation Wolf, to Lemmings, to Fury of Furries, to Golden Axe, to X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, to Ghost n' Goblins, to Wonder Boy, to Black Mirror, to Castle Master, to Double Dragon, to Sierra, to Lucas, to Raiden, to Silmarils, to Psygnosis, Wing Commander saga, Privateer/Freelancer, Call of Cthulhu, Dune, Sonic the Hedgehog, to David Cage, to... IDK, like literally hundreds of titles of almost any genre you can think of, including newer ones like Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Grim Fandango, GALAK-Z... whatever!

Some of the games I played I did so because they defied my reflexes (I'm a big fan of arcade / lateral/vertical-scroll shooters and platformers), some others because they had engaging stories (good storytellers are among the people I admire the most); others because they stimulated my management, planning and organizational skills.

In a nutshell, I love video games because thanks to them (or more appropriately, to the people behind them), I learned tons of stuff of all kind, had great moments and, mainly thanks to adventure games, learning English to a somewhat proficient level was a joy.

Now, to business:
    I was thrilled when I learned about TOG organization while sweeping through the Star Citizen organizations list: I instantly felt identified with the honest, no-BS and mature stance stated in the membership join notice -- the vibe is phenomenal!

Although I don't have kids (yet), I do have dogs and a busy life, so I highly esteem a community of fellow adults that at some point still are the around-the-corner kids with whom to go and play or just spend the afternoon.

I hope I made a point for my membership and look forward to joining the Star Citizen forum to start hanging out with other TOG 'verse citizens -- I have this feeling that we'll have a lot of fun.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Tulgar and Shrubbo like this.
  2. i90rr

i90rr Getting Started

Little typo, "[...] which will hold fond memories forever."

3. CAMMO

CAMMO Great bloke ... Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

i90rr, for someone whose "first language" is english, you can certainly write quite a few words.:eek:;)
    Congratulations!
    You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Shrubbo, i90rr and newfulla like this.
  4. i90rr

i90rr Getting Started

HAHA!

$ export global_verbose = off

Thanks for the welcome, see you around @CAMMO

Tulgar and Shrubbo like this.
  5. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

haha, one of the best (and most detailed) applications I have seen for a while. :)

You and @2_islands should get on fantastically.

Welcome to TOG @i90rr

i90rr likes this.
  6. i90rr

i90rr Getting Started

LOL, thank you @newfulla, see you 'round!

7. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

I got to "Hi everyone" and kind of packed it in right there :D

newfulla, i90rr and CAMMO like this.
  8. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

haha shrubbo :)

I had to put my reading glasses on and make a cup of tea :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.