[DONE] Membership Application (CoE & MC)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by AlteOgre, Jan 8, 2019.

1. AlteOgre

AlteOgre Getting Started

Hello,

I'm a minecrafter dad and engineer and I'm looking forward to connect with fellow olde fartes in order to play together in both Chronicles of Elyria and LOTRmodded Minecraft.

My gaming life started when me and my homies had a modest desktop PC with a chunky monitor, 5-1/4" floppy's and a stunning 256 kB memory, when we were just studying at Uni back in '87. Games like Worms and Wolfenstein were a thing. While I was graduating simulation games drew my attention and since then until about 11 years ago I mainly played SimCity, Railroad Tycoon, Alpha Centauri, Civilization and similar games. One of my all time favourites is the famous Civ IV mod "Fall from Heaven II", which I played for about 4 years.
    After that came a period of no gaming and only work until my kids entered the age of Minecraft and dad had to join in. Really, I was forced. So I did. And it was fun. Within a year I developed and managed my first themed roleplay server with 50+ plugins, FfH-II inspired. A year later I got into modded minecraft and managed a similar server with 40+ mods. Great fun. I then turned an eye to terrain generation and got drawn into the LOTRmod for minecraft, a fantastic mod, made by a very talented young coder. The minecraft modding community is loaded with young coding and creative talent. I enjoy being part of it and also in a small modding team creating neat game mechanic additions with me spamming ideas and supporting general stuff and testing, and the 'cool kids' doing code magic.
    After about 4 years playing LOTRmod servers, including several server adventures I got a bit tired of the young adrenaline dominated communities there and went to look for an alternative. Earlier this year I found Chronicles of Elyria and gradually I became a true fanboy. I joined a duchy with a lot of 'older gamers' like me: The Duchy of Anor. I never felt so comfortable in a gaming community before. As we seek to strengthen our ranks we decided to reach out to mature minecraft roleplayers and communities like these. As CoE isn't playable as a game yet, and we wish to have some game to play together while strengthening our community bonds, I started a LOTRmodded roleplay minecraft server which will launch soon, and we decided to play a golden oldie combat game together: Warband.

I guess that covers all I needed and wanted to share for the time being.

Cheerio,

Alte

newfulla likes this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

You listed occupation sold me :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla likes this.
  3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Wolfenstein sold it for me as I remember when that game came out more than two decades ago lol.

The old CRT monitors (chunky monitors) where the best... trying to drag them around to LAN's back in the day was always an epic adventure.
    I still have an old 22 inch CRT somewhere.. probably make a great paperweight someday :)

[​IMG]

Welcome to TOG @AlteOgre :)

[​IMG]

Shrubbo likes this.