[DONE] Member Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Morvik358, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Morvik358

Morvik358 Getting Started

Currently I am playing Fallout 76 on the PS4 and I'm looking forward to picking up Anthem when it releases. There are other games I am sure that I would enjoy playing as well, which I hope this will either help to introduce me to in order to get involved in or give me a head start of having a nice community to work with. My family that I try to get involved with team work games has usually fallen to nothing, even when I purchase a copy of the game for them.

The first machine I played on was an Atari 2600 (I think that's an accurate number, could just be sleep deprivation and a number that sounds right) but the first system that was mine was an NES. I have been a gamer since and have owned or had regular access to just about every major console system since.

Matching on games has lead me to have children screaming in my ear or having their parents chide me for not allowing their spawn to play the game the way they wanted, even when the rest of the team was wanting to operate in a different way. This occurred when a PuG I put together decided to run Undead Stratholme during the days of Vanilla WoW and the Baron Execution event for the 1.5 dungeon armor. I put the group together and all members of the team agreed that we were not geared enough for a Baron run, nor were any of us even on the quest so we were there simply to get gear drops to start looking at UBRS and such. After the Baron's timer began, one of the members began pulling multiple groups in an attempt to get us to beat the timer, which he also explained in group chat. The other three members stuck to the thoughts that we just wanted to get gear and asked him to stop. After he refused, he was kicked.

After informing the parent that I was not their child's babysitter, I placed the toon on ignore and received no further whispers about kicking their child from the group.

Aside from console gaming, I enjoy writing. While I was never involved in table top gaming I was introduced to roleplaying by a college roommate in the form of Shards: The Shattered Realms and as life has restricted my time from being able to sit in a live real time roleplaying setting I have migrated to rpol.net as a play-by-post alternative.

newfulla and Tulgar like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

This is me when people talk about wow...
    [​IMG]

This is me after the bit about booting that kid...

[​IMG]

You're in! :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla likes this.
  3. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

Welcome!!

4. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @Morvik358 :)

and lol shrubbo, understand 101%