[DONE] Member Application - Star Citizen

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by resteele02, Jan 22, 2019.

1. resteele02

resteele02 Getting Started

Hi TOG - Application info...

-- What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?
    I'm mostly working on my 3rd playthrough or The Witcher 3 (so good), just started Assassins Creed Origins, kill time with NBA2K19 (but my son complains that I'm constantly restarting my season as I tinker endlessly with sliders), and am really looking forward to Star Citizen even with its current buggy alpha quirks.

-- What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
    My first serious gaming was D&D back in the 80s (watching Stranger Things brings back memories). Noeden Lawbringer was my goody two shoes Paladin and Balderyn Darkblade was my Chaotic Good ranger (or rogue..or bard depending on the need). These are still my go-to character names in games today. Can't seem to shake those guys and still really like a good RPG.

-- Why do you want to join TOG?
    I want to get into Star Citizen and recognize that as much as I'm usually a solo player - that's mostly because I struggle with the time needed to commit for most MMO and online orgs. Discovering TOG takes away the worry about not meeting the orgs expectations for a time commitment and while trusting the community to be more mature (see what I did there) in their approach to gaming. I don't have the time or energy for too much silliness of griefing, piracy, and such.

I'm enjoying Star Citizen backer and am mostly soloing but want to be able to do some group stuff and work together at times to enjoy the black. I'm not looking to misbehave (sorry Mal) and want to enjoy what the game can offer - which include teaming up with like minder friends.

My fleet includes the following ships - Arrow, 325a, Hornet, Black, Warden, Prospector, Max, and Connie Aquila. I'm currently enjoying trading and a little bounty hunting and am up for some adventures as this incredible universe gets built.

-- Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
    I'm 52, work in technology (project management), have been married for 25 years, have 3 boys (2 in college...ouch), and am an Ohio State college football fan (go Bucks), St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan (grew up on Ozzie Smith), and Denver Nuggets basketball fan.

Questions for me? Fire away. :)

newfulla likes this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

Haha I can picture you meeting up with all the SC TOG members at a local McDonalds. Hoods up, chrome and Flannel everywhere. Good times :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla likes this.
  3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @resteele02 :)

Is 2_Island handing out free pamphlets or discount vouchers over there in SC world.. lol

Shrubbo likes this.
  4. resteele02

resteele02 Getting Started

LOL - I have no idea what that even means but it made me laugh anyway!!

newfulla and Shrubbo like this.