MELONS!!!!

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by AdmiralTriggerH, Sep 20, 2011.

1. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

During fun and some what hazardous mine exploring last night I found some melons seeds (sadly no pumpkin seeds) and proceeded to build myself a melon farm.
    I farmed a few melons and produced some seeds, gave some to Obsi and then built a community Melon farm up near town hall.

Your welcome help yourself to the melons on 2 conditions.

1. You DO NOT TOUCH THE STEM, just harvest the melon by hitting it with a hoe (other tools work but you need a hoe for 2)
    2. You re-till the land with your hoe, because if you don't new melons wont grow.
    Once you harvest and re-till more melons can grow off the same stem.

If you want to grow your own melons you craft a melon slice and you get melon seeds

2. Elithawyn

Elithawyn Well-Known Member

Very cool !!

3. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

I have 10 melons and 1 pumpkin seed as such I shall set up my own farm when I have some stock I shall distribute the pumpkin seeds to obsi.

4. DarkDuck

ok I have been able to grow my stock a little, I now have 5 pumpkin plants and a total of 5 additional seeds with about 30 melon seeds

I shall tonight distribut the pumpkin seeds to obsi for the community garden (unless I have permission to set one up myself?)

I would appreciate people to not harvest my pumpkin stems, sadly with the stems you only get 0-3 seeds per stem, not thi has meant that despite having a chance to have like 30 seeds I have 10 (5 of which are plants) often (about every 1 in 3 or 4) is a nil plant and often they are only 2 seeds meaning that stocks grow very slowly and unlike melons you can't craft the pumpkin into seeds.

5. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

Woot! Thank you

A community melon/pumpkin farm is good - but I'd make sure you have enough seeds preserved before you start, in case anything happens...

6. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Thanks for the melon seeds, Admiral. They've made a nice addition to my farm.

:bigthumbsup:

7. DarkDuck

Alrighty there are 10 pumpkin plants in the community farm, plus I added about 128 melon seeds, so enjoy them

8. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

How do you get pumpkin seeds? admin hack?

9. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

the stems will give you one or two seeds each when you destroy them. That's how you get the seeds. So it's slower to build up pumpkin plant stocks than it is melon ones. But then since pumpkins aren't usable for food or anything, it's sort of more novelty or underwater lighting or something that they are useful for.

Thanks for that - it looks so cool having them in the garden!

10. DarkDuck

During the spelunking adventure i found a chest with a single seed. thus began the great cloning process