Medal of Honour

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Brit, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Jayforce

Jayforce Active Member

I totally agree with you Rage032, I think the SP sucks compared to the MP tbh. I got up to the airfield where it is bugged and was stuck there for ages until I read in a post to restart that mission from the begining. So thats what I did and when I got to it again, it was bugged again so I gave up.

IMO the SP feels like a totally different game compared to the MP, everything about it just looks/feels/sounds worse :(

I was hoping for the same if not better than scenario compared to the MP Open Beta but alas it did not come through for me. I am however really enjoying the MP still, I started off sucking pretty hard really but have almost got my K/D up to 1.0 from a dismal .4 and all 3 classes on Lvl 8 - Tier 1 Recruits :)

I am certainly a better sim racer than I am an fps player, but damn these fps games are great fun to get lost in ... only down side is the hours just fly by :cool:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

when you get to tier one and can use the opp weapons when ever this is where the game opens up i went 44 kills to 38 deaths .. i just use the M4A1 on both sides it seems to be better then the AK

3. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's because it is. Also why the single player and multi player are two separate downloads. Done by two different teams.

4. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Again like most games I have played max about 30 minutes of SP and over 20+ hours of MP level 13 rifleman and the around 10 on Spec ops and sniper a lowly 4

I want level 15 rifleman and the 2 x smoke grenades... Then i will be the one man army. I wont need my teammates to throw that second smoke grenade that covers the entire stretch in the open haha

5. Binary-Ninja

lol geng i wish more used smoke as well makes life easier to run in under the cover of smoke .. would be good if they had squads so you could assign one rifle , on sniper , one spec ops

6. Genghoidal

Why dont I have you on my MOH friends list BN?

7. Binary-Ninja

thought i had everyone it is Binary Ninja .... no - just a space

8. Genghoidal

Got cha now!

9. RapidDescent

RapidDescent Well-Known Member

Agreed about the smoke - and goddamn campers....on objective maps you have to PUSH!!! SMOKE!! PUSH!! Otherwise you get stuck in the span/death loop.

I was shoved mercilessly into the opfor team against an all TOG team last night and the nubwits on my team seemed to all want to be snipers or spec ops.....one smoke grenade from me......gaaaah

10. Genghoidal

I reckon it is decently balanced and TOTALLY dependent on those smokies being chucked to get the spec ops guys into close range to take down the defenders right on top of the objectives and help get shooters into position. Kind of laugh to myself with all the people whining and failing and not doing jack about solving their own problems

Plus the smoke is very short term, I think it disperses within 15 seconds or so completely so best to make the most of him!

11. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

Yep smoke is your friend. Only having one isn't a problem because your not usually alive long engough to want two. Although there have been times when I wished I had a bag of them.

12. FluffyDice

FluffyDice Active Member

My thoughts
    Just Finished SP last night which was quite enjoyable but a bit glitchy, and had to start a few sections again to get around bugs eg in the airport tower, and helicopter sections.

Over all good varied game play, from sniping to team stealth missions then squad hold the line and even some good old heli action, loved the quad bikes with the realistic drops and jumps.
    The cut scene movies were well done and brought the game together very well.
    Graphics were excellent, sound for me was average
    Overall impressions 8/10

Multiplayer
    Again Graphics are very good
    Played about 10hours to date and have the following thoughts.
    maps are quite small, and became repetitive to quickly

Spawn camping is going to be a problem with people just sitting on the edge and killing you as you spawn, the open spawn points dont aid in this, developers will have to get this fixed if they wish to create a mp community or else people will just leave, however in saying this I found myself doing this to the other team when we got the upper hand.
    if you Spawn at front you just die within 2 sec so no point.

Due to no squad based play becomes everyone for themselves.

I found lots of people sniping that just wont attack. and due to the size of the maps can snipe from one side to other with ease.
    You seem to die very quickly from single shots / fire fights and would like this to least be reduced somewhat to help aid game play make the battles a bit more intense and at least give better players the opportunity to shoot themselves out of trouble.

most maps have only a few choke points to get over the obj line and makes for quite boring static game play as people just camp these areas.

if they are not going to change this at least give us a medic class for team revives.

The inability to not change classes quick and poor team / group chat are a joke how are people veer going to become a community.

over all for me there are better MP fps games out there and rate it 3.5/10.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    wHiTeRaSTa likes this.
  13. severim

severim Active Member

Just a braindump of recent experiences in MoH:

• Recently played on one server that was no-snipers. So much more fun.
    • PC netcode seems pretty good compared to the crap that was BC2 - hits actually register when you run around a corner into someone.
    • Spawns in the game are pretty crap. You can spawn and be picked off straight away. This is a flaw of both the spawn system and the maps which provide limited cover.
    • Lack of killcam can make it incredibly frustrating until you get a better handle on the maps.
    • In-game comms are terrible. The chat disappears quickly and no way to get at the history. When you die it goes to Class Selection, so you can't message team. No built-in quick comms. No squads. No built-in VOIP.
    • Sound is pretty good. With headphones and some smarts, you can generally figure out where the enemy is.
    • If they keep developing it, there's a lot of promise as the engine seems pretty solid.

wHiTeRaSTa likes this.
  14. severim

severim Active Member

Another thing I discovered - if you switch Directx version in your config to 9, it seems to almost double your FPS.

15. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I think I was on the same server - think I also saw unsub on there too.

It was an improvement, an XGN server? First time I've actually seen one in my browser list and no snipers made it a no brainer for me. Was a lot more fun and more balanced without a mass of snipers to deal with. I'll be jumping on that server again.

16. Binary-Ninja

no snipers that would be good

17. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

yes it is

=UGN= XGN Bruticus No Snipers

it is also Hardcore.... I will be keeiping it as that for the forseeable future...

18. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

When I played it earlier, the minimap was showing. Has it been changed since?

19. severim

severim Active Member

Yeh the no sniper server Purg, Unsub and I were on wasn't hardcore.

20. Binary-Ninja

nice work Brit ... but their was only 1 player when i looked last nite but will be checking it before i play each time