Medal of Honour

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Brit, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Got hacks?? Three minutes into one round I'd died continuously to one guy (no matter where I spanwned) - checked the score-board, and he's at 64/1.

Not a good introduction.

2. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

That's why I stick to my own servers so I kick them, any game I play I populate my own for this very reason

3. Blueink

Blueink Well-Known Member

SP was pretty fun but MP is not worth spending money to buy it (for me anyway).

The maps are to small (although there are some interesting designs), there are to many choke points with camp spots and the spawning system is just awful (hard to pop smoke when you get killed as soon as you spawn...). Definitely a campers dream game I think.

Best of luck to those who enjoy it but for MP CoD and BC2 both do it better imo.

4. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

got it today on disk i am in Binary Ninja ... clan tag is TOG .. yeah seemed to be a hack in my round as well today but i think PB is off at present i heard

5. Barrakooda

Barrakooda Well-Known Member

a white diamond should come with counter once ordnance has been sent, you may have to move it around over vehicle for it to register

6. unsub

unsub Well-Known Member

7. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Way to much spawn camping for my liking :(

8. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Agreed.

In a 30 second stretch probably died around 6 times almost instantly spawning..

This game is quite fun until you get in a spawn death loop. Some of the maps are just too small on a full server and other times you just spawn in random positions on the map right in front of them enemy.

9. Vulcan21

Vulcan21 Well-Known Member

Yep...ruins it. It's no fun dieing over again due to people camping your base spawn all the time. I lost count of the number of times I died immediately after spawning.

Hacks are out there in force, although I did see Pb catch a couple.

10. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

yeah mate, whats with that...some of those maps once the round starts your team get about 20 steps from where they swan and the whole enemy team are on you mowing everyone down as they die/respawn. That sux.

11. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

How did you add your clan tag Ninja? I couldnt find where this is done

12. Vulcan21

Vulcan21 Well-Known Member

If I remember mate, it's somewhere obscure in the settings area for your account.

Played again last night...gave up after getting spawn raped every single time.

Multiplayer-
    Cons:
    -Maps are too small....way too small.
    -Hacks aplenty.
    -Lag at times creating warping
    -Few vehicles.
    -Spawn campfest all the friggin time.
    -No real squad work or teamwork happening.
    -People running all over the place with no real objective.
    -Kill indications are too slow, leaving you guessing if you killed your opponent for a second or two.

Pros:
    -Sounds are really good.
    -Guns are great, shoot as they should.
    -you actually hit what you shoot at often with a kill.
    -destructible environs are great
    -default weapons are soon outclassed by people with upgrades. (Same with most FPS's though)

It's a bit meh. I think BC2 is a far superior game despite it's lack of 'realism' in comparison to Medal of Honor.

13. Binary-Ninja

when customizing guns or character bottom right is a button add clan tag i think .. will post exact location when i get home from work

14. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Yes for setting your tag, load the game and on the main menu at the bottom choose 'Career', then weapon customisation, bottom right 'Change Clan Tag'

PS - I think the game is excellent, I think the map designs are quite good, yes there is a lot of great spots for camping and it does get frustrating getting killed from who knows where but there is always a counter for everything and you just need to figure out what that is.

PS - for those of you getting really annoyed with getting stuck at the start of Combat Missions such as Shahikot mountains, my advice to you is:

Smoke grenades, and run for the point. Repeat until your spawning on the point. Repeat. Repeat.... etc Don't be a team of fail snipers and people trying to protect your K/D

15. Binary-Ninja

As geng said smoke and run .... run to the right down hill then quickly back up a small hill on right to top with netting covering it , just their on left is a hole in mountain looking back down at wreckage , have one or two players stay their to spawn on while rest do obj

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  16. Rage032

Rage032 Retired Captain

I rather enjoy the MP of MOH. Sounds wicked, and stuff I shoot at dies. It's all close quarters stuff and you really do need to keep your head down, and although there are heaps of snipers they are still as stupid as ever, and if you can get behind them you're going to get a nice killstreak out of it.

Over all I much prefer playing it to BC2 (though I've gone off the game in general). I don't have to run half across a state to get into the battle which is a nice change. I've really only played the TDM and I love those maps. Plenty of spots for snipers, as well as cool flanking paths.

Runs better then BC2. The destruction isn't nearly as heavy as BC2 which saves you're computer in the long run, plus it means that the maps can get more detail, so they visually look good as well.

PS. The SP was lame, it ended way to quickly and I really just said to myself 'wtf? why did I bother?' and they should have used the same engine as the MP one, cause it doesn't look/sound as good as MP.

17. comman

comman TOGOA High Sec Director

Add me if we get a team :)

theZee likes this.
  18. Benda

Benda Well-Known Member

find myself rage quitting within 15 minutes and wanting to cut my wrists in the process.

pissed off that i didn't go for a refund on the pre-order even after playing both betas

uninstall to follow.

19. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Maybe we should have a run together sometime Benda - we're about to probably jump on soon. Maybe see if we can help out there mate. I know a lot of people who have been getting frustrated with the game but there are some simple ways to counter most of the main issues.

Anyway - add "Geng" on friends if you wish to hook up (anyone else can add me too!)
    I have you on Steam anyway Benda... I'll shoot you a message

Benda likes this.
  20. Binary-Ninja

it gets frustrating if the team just sits back and snipes and doesn't complete obj .. if their are 4 -5 players on your side who do complete the obj stick with them and support each other ... most of the kiddies sit back sniping and don't care then you get camped in