Medal of Honour

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Brit, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

I bought the game and started playing the SP and I have to say that some of the reviews on MOH I have read are more suss than the game. IN saying that I havent played the MP which will this weekends effort.

2. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

i like it great feel, somewhere between COD4 and BC2 for me....

3. Coddie

Coddie Active Member

Well that's enough for me, I'll pick it up this arv, see you on the battlefield. :D

4. muzz007202

muzz007202 Active Member

I had a couple of rounds (or maybe a couple of dozen) of MP last night and found if you don't move to cover as soon as you spawn you are dead, found alot of spawn camping going on. I must say though you do need high graphics to get alot out of it my first 2 rounds were on low settings and was really hard to spot the enemy at distant. And also be aware there are snipers everywhere :rolleyes:.

5. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

I like some maps alot - the one with the sprawling hills, big valley in the middle, some forts and caves, is great on TDM

Some of the other maps and modes I can leave. Really wondering if there shouldn't be a S&D like mode. Perhaps we have to buy yet another game to get that!

I was impressed though - keen on getting a server full of TOG and XTR for fun

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

I had pre-ordered then cancelled that after playing the first beta. I gave the most recent beta/demo a whirl and enjoyed it enough that I pre-ordered again :)

I'm having a few issues with SP, seem to be getting some stuttering when rapidly panning with the mouse. MP looks like a blast, I can see it really rocking with a group on Teamspeak.

You'll see me in-game as either Laton or Battle Pope.

7. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Just played on a Hardcore server by accident and thought it was a good opportunity to level up my sniper. The ol' Battle Rifle is a little bit of magic one you get used to it!

8. Coddie

Coddie Active Member

Just picked up a copy. Now, how do I fake being sick so I can leave work early.

9. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

also something worth mentioning is the audio is incredible, the varying sound your rifle makes in different environments blew me away, best sound i have experienced in FPS yet

10. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

1. Get a cup of warm water, a teaspoon or two of salt.
    2. Put salt in water and stir to dissolve.
    3. Drink very quickly.
    4. Await speed-regurgitation of any food or drink previously consumed.
    NOTE: Turn away from your work are or anybody with the power to fire you. You may face towards someone you dislike.

11. Coddie

Coddie Active Member

lol Zee, speaking from experience are we?

12. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Played a good bit of the SP last night - it's good, it's smooth, and it's everything it's meant to be... problem is, COD4, BC2 and a slew of other singler player games made recently have done almost the exact same thing. It's a shame really, as so far it's flawless - apart from it's seemingly lack of originality which can't really be helped.

Haven't finished it yet, so comments are still premature - but I can't see it turning me around.

13. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

No mate, just something in a movie once.:p

14. Gilgarath

Gilgarath Getting Started

Deception Bay, even norther of Brissie than Redcli
    Put me down as a supporter :D

15. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

played the MP tonight its fun to play but learning to play with snipers is a pain as you get raped off your spawn point at times..still a thumbs up for me

16. UN1TISGOD

UN1TISGOD Active Member

ill say it once and once again ...smoke is your friend...im a HC sniper..and smoke shits me...so use the dam stuff.

17. Jayforce

Jayforce Active Member

G'day all, its been a while since I posted up on the TOG forum, some of you may remember me from the GSL or rFactor Div ... I am the guy that gave t0p a spanking at Bathurst to take the prize hehe :D

I Pre-Ordered this game when it first became available, played both betas and never had any real issues other than some server browser stuff in the first beta. Have really enjoyed the feeling of this one since the first beta and am enjoying the game quite a bit now that it is finally released. I would be happy to get in on some TOG action with this game. I am using iJayforce ingame :cool:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  18. Barrakooda

Barrakooda Well-Known Member

Finished SP last, thoughts......very short!

However very intense, love the music & effects combined to make an enjoyable experience. Pity about ol "Rabbit"

Had a quick bash on MP, spent a bit of time getting orientated then spawn camped :(
    Anyone else find maps a bit small?

19. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Yeah SP was "decent" but not great, and yeah, probably too short for a standard MOH game. But - certainly not a bad game. If you've not played any of the recent COD or BC games, then it'll likely be an awesome experience. For me, COD4 sp is the single best fps out there.

theZee likes this.
  20. Blackened1

Blackened1 Getting Started

I started the SP this morning, but I'm stuck on the tower mission using the laser tag to take out the incoming trucks... it will only take out the first truck i tag, then after that it wont tag anything, no straifing run or missile strike, it keeps telling me to 'Click and hold left mouse button to tag' but it just beeps at me and nothing happens... really starting to p**s me off!