Medal of Honor *OCT 2010*

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by JGR, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I'm 50/50 on this one.

Dice - will they ever learn how to make a server browser?! I have to join the matchmake service and without an obvious way to check my latency, I don't know if I'm on a good connection or not.

At the moment my virtual guy is stuck in perpetually walking forward (which makes it difficult to actually play the game properly) with no obvious fix. Removed all peripherals, rebooted, set controls back to default and away he goes, walking into the distance (won't run either..)

Already pre-ordered it so it's more of a stopgap until Black Ops comes as I can see myself abandoning this when that's released.

2. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

I've bought the last two MOH games, and have bought them solely on their single player strengths. Multi-player never appealled to me for whatever reason, and when I tried (once) the mp for MOH:AA, I was sorely disappointed.

The single player campaign however, was excellent :)

I'm keen on this new MOH title, again mainly for the single player campaign. And that's a good thing - the few hours I spent in the closed beta were horrible. I hope they've used the feedback to improve the experience, and hearing what RogerMellie has said, it's probably the case :)

Time will tell.

3. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much in it for the single play side of MOH. If the multi's alright then its a bonus i reckon.

4. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Ah. It has a single player campaign? Who knew. I think I have a COD4 one to complete somewhere along the line. I'll probably play this one since I'll unlikely get my money's worth from MP. :p

5. UN1TISGOD

UN1TISGOD Active Member

im enjoying the fact you have periphiral vision around the scopes ...NO MORE BLACK SCREENS AROUND A DAM SCOPE!! ......
    As i was taught to fire with both eyes open to ensure no dumb ass walks into the bullet.
    and the fact my KDR has been stupidly high ...has me in giggles.....looking forward to the game.

6. DarkMellie

DarkMellie Active Member

Spectre you nubcake. FPS on console are perfectly enjoyable... in some ways I prefer it.

If i want to dominate, I play on PC. If I want to just enjoy the experience I play on consoles. And there are many console players who coul beat a mouse player in a head-on.

FTR I have MoH and BlackOps preodered on console and PC, it's going to be a fun few months!

7. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum...hardly-anyone-plays-fps-games-pc-anymore.html

:D

Also - I played and loved Halo on the original XBox (only reason I bought one) and it was fine. But it was also a slower paced game than something like MW2, where speed and accuracy is needed. Sure in multi-player you're all on the same level - but PC simply dominates due to this one factor.

Proof - watch that vid again and watch how appalling the aiming is... It's just not cricket :p

8. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Due to the controller being less precise, don't most console FPS's compensate by aiding aim?

Without aids, I'd challenge any console FPS master to plug in a 360 controller into their PC and take a crack at me in COD4. I've no doubt there's talent out there but I scratch my head thinking how they could pull off a number of maneuvers that help keep you alive.

9. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

This is Tier 1 .. one of the best trailers of any game i have seen lately but with this Linkin Park soundtrack it is even better ... heck i even got the song on itunes :)

10. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

That is exceptional!!!

A quality trailer.

11. Benda

Benda Well-Known Member

yeah, if only they put that much time, effort and money into the game itself

wHiTeRaSTa likes this.
  12. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

Impressed i see Benda :p. I know where ya coming from though. There's an obvious attempt to hit the soft spot between the COD style of shoot, then be shot and the Battlefield style of shoot then be shot. At least your supposed to be able to find the server that you want to play on..:rolleyes:I'll still play it although i will mix it up with others till it either sux real bad or the next game is better.

Benda likes this.