Medal of Honor *OCT 2010*

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by JGR, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Unfortunately I'll be one of the late adopters with this one. As good as it looks (and it really does) I just don't have a lot of faith that the end product will deliver the game I want. The few MOH titles I've played in the past have entertained me, but left me wanting a whole lot more.

It's an interesting approach trying the two different engines, and again I don't have a lot of confidence they'll get both single and multi-player right - however... this could be the answer we've been looking for for a long time. If an engine works particularly well in single player - it doesn't mean it'll be right for multi-play. The network coding, the number of static objects creating load... there's all sort of potentially good reasons for trying something like this...

Lets see if it booms or busts.

2. Pahkiller

Pahkiller Well-Known Member

So as I'm new to MOH can anyone tell me whats the latest game to date might just get it and have a go And are there any multilayer servers available?
    Question.. how do I get my avatar to move I know I have to do something but what?
    thanks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

The latest is Medal of Honor Airborne.

Medal of Honor Airborne - EA Games
    Medal of Honor Airborne on Steam

I have a server set up for it and is run on demand.
    Let me know if you want a run on it, I'm always up for a game..
    http://ned.theoldergamers.com/static.php?page=moha-server

:)

4. Ned

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 players get awarded in Medal of Honor. Early access to the M24 awaits..

SOURCE: [noparse]http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/moh[/noparse]

:|

I really hope the MP doesn't have a similar stat structure to BF:BC2

5. Spectre8

Guessing it will mate.... If they've got "unlocks" (cos elite soldiers aren't allowed to use the good guns) then they'll likely have the stat structure we're seeing just about everywhere these days.

6. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

I just hope they don't have the same weapons system as BC2. This is my biggest gripe with BC2, the weapon damage, accuracy and feel.

7. Vulcan21

Vulcan21 Well-Known Member

The weapons in BC2 are fantastic in hardcore mode, but I agree, they are flakey when it comes to all the other game modes on offer in BC2.

8. Spectre8

Got to agree - the weapons don't seem to have any heft or real weight to them. Hard to simulate of course, but COD4 managed it VERY well I thought :)

9. Ned

October 2010, one month before the next CoD..

SOURCE Medal Of Honor Returns To Action October 12th - Voodoo Extreme

10. Spectre8

Wow.... that's a bit of a surprise! DICE doing Medal of Honor?? Now this will be interesting :p

11. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

12. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Now if only they added all that to multiplayer and we would be set :D

Looks like its got a good storyline..and I do believe they might use BC2's style of everything can be destroyed with enough force which i like.

Something that would make me happy...if we could actually breach doors like they do in that clip..i want to be able to kick in a door and have 2 squad members move in and clear the room...put that in multiplayer and im sold :D

13. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

14. Naaythann

Naaythann Just Joined

Can't wait to give this a whirl :D

15. Ned

Medal of Honor E3 Multiplayer Trailer

16. cyclosarin

cyclosarin Just Joined

Just looks like BC2 with fewer vehicles, and less destruction. Even the 50% wounded visual overlay is the same?

17. Spectre8

Well... that doesn't look very much like a MOH game... Not saying it looks bad at all - it's very much a hybrid of COD4/MW2 and Bad Company 2 - which could be a VERY good thing... or not.

I had hoped that the game would be a little less "action shooter" and more "tactical shooter" - but I'm living in a dream world there.

I'm sure I'll still be getting it.

18. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

The game has been dubbed by quite a few as "MW, BC2 and Killzone had a baby called MoH"

And being the game that will also "overthrow COD as the staple of FPS gaming"

In my perspective, Multiplayer wise its still got along way to push to get to the same level as COD and really by the release date..unless they got something crazy they hiding from us I cant honestly expect them to make a game at the same level of COD or BC2, but thats just my perspective from the trailer.

Now for Singleplayer and the storyline of MoH (Something I believe all good FPS games need) I reckon that has already in its somewhat infant stages have far surpassed COD. COD was about super soldiers who take on hordes of enemies and NEVER DIE! granted they did have some sort of plot in there somewhere. BC2 was much more..leanient on that in my mind, you had a good plot to which you could follow. But you never felt "connected" to the characters in my perspective like you couldnt relate to them.

MoH rolls around with its singleplayer and I can honestly say just by a few of the teaser trailers im hooked on playing this single player. It has a plot (so far that I can see) it has a story (so far that I can see) it has everything you could need in a single player experience. And to top it off it had a teaser trailer that tugs at the heart and completely involves you in the story without being "over the top"

here it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
  19. Ned

20. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered today and because I have BC2, I'll apparently have access to the beta today - which probably means 2am tomorrow morning.

I thought the gameplay trailer looked promising. I love MW2, I hate IWNet and pay for map packs (so I don't play it anymore) and while my FPS of choice is BC2 at the moment, I've grown a little burnt out on it. So MW2'ish gameplay with hopefully dedicated servers, I'm there. :D

Single player? Only time I'll probably play single player is when my net connection is down. Doesn't even rate when I evaluate an FPS title.