Medal of Honor *OCT 2010*

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by JGR, Aug 15, 2008.

1. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

edit Ned
    -altered thread title, rumour confirmed
    - Medal of Honor - ea.com
    - Medal of Honor - official site

===

Rumour: Medal of Honor goes modern?

10:26 am Monday 11 August, 2008
    by Phil de Bruin

Riding on the coattails of Activision's success with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Electronics Arts' long-time World War II FPS franchise looks to going contemporary as well, with the suggested title of Medal of Honor: Operation Anaconda.

French game journalism site Jeuxvideo reported that EA had announced the game via a questionnaire sent out to fans.
    The game takes during Operation Anaconda which took place in the Afghanistan war theatre, throughout March 2002. The game reportedly promises over 60 customisable weapons.
    Planetmedalofhonor.com posted a rough translation of the quoted questionnaire excerpt included in the Jeuxvideo news post, available here.
    Whether this game, if it actually materialises (and if there's a PC version in the works), can recapture the multiplayer community that once upon a time lived and breathed Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, remains to be seen. EA's failure to properly optimise last year's MoH: Airborne for the PC, nor provide modding tools, doomed that game from building up a following.
    Despite their development team's efforts with subsequent patches, (including upping the maximum per-server player count, tweaking all existing maps, releasing a dedicated server set-up package, introducing a new play-mode and new maps), the damage had already been done.
    Although the game hasn't been formerly announced at this time, this writer wouldn't expect a release until Q3 2009 at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

moh airborne is a massively under-rated game, sp and mp, imo
    (and so is mohaa-breakthrough)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. Plugger

Plugger Retired Captain

Sounds promising!

4. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Always liked the MOH games - but they've always lacked something. There's never been the community aspect to them, and there's never really been an online presence there, comparable to other FPS titles. Without that, they've always been short lived, despite the potential there.

Afghanistan sounds like a poor choice of location, but then again, what we see on TV isn't really representative of what "they" saw over there. Afghanistan is a truly varied country (geographically) and has the potential to really mix it up.

Come Mr Taliban, tally me banana... :p

5. Mercyful

Mercyful Getting Started

MOHAA was the best game that came out for the MOH games it's online presence back when it came out was just as good as COD4's.and it's online presence today is still very stronge for a game with a decent amount of years behind it.

6. Ned

Looks like the next MOH title is due late 2010 !!

Medal of Honor - EA Games

Medal of Honor - Official Site

So far for me MOH Airborne has given me one of the best Singleplayer gaming experiences of all time.

7. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Awesome :) I'm really looking forward to some hardcore beard action!! :p

8. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

About time we had some more modern warfare alternatives... *cough*

9. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

I actually cant wait to give this game a whurl. I just hope it doesnt get killed out before it makes it to the shelves.

10. Ned

Looking good!

To CoD players, if the controls are going to be the same as MOH Airborne then the game may feel as though it doesn't flow well. You will get used to it. Controlling movement is very different in regards to key binds. After playing Airborne for an about an hour I was fine and I played a lot of Cod and CoD:UO. I won't go into details about the setup yet as we don't know what it'll be like at this stage.

11. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

well im happy :D

so buying muahaha

12. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Medal of Honor (2010)

Trailer permier here:

Medal Of Honor (2010) Video Game, Spike VGA 09: Exclusive Debut Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Some important things to note. This game is being co-developed by EA's Los Angeles Studio and DICE. Yes, Sweeden's DICE of Battlefield fame.

If you pay close attention to the trailer you'll notice a few interesting things:

A door being kicked in. First Person view of an Apache helicopter (as a pilot and gunner) and a quad bike. Someone going prone and a couple of people rolling to avoid being shot/knived. A fence being destroyed by bullets and right at the end a wall being blown out.

I'd bet my left nut this is using DICE's frostbite engine with a fully destroyable world. Lead software engineer at DICE was recently asked (on twitter) if Frostbite was being used for any other games and his reply was a conspicuous "Can neither confirm nor deny".

No doubt a lot of people will draw comparisons between this and Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2, but I think they'll all be rather different games. MW2 seems to have an almost quake like speed and crazyness to it. Bad Company 2 is all about big open spaces and they've been dropping that "sandbox experience" phrase a hell of a lot recently. Medal of Honor will probably be a lot more "on rails" than Battlefield but not quite as fast and weird (IMO) as Modern Warfare 2 with it's wacky perks and the like. It'll be interesting to see what ideas the studio has to set itself apart in the multiplayer arena through.

From other sources & further reading:

The emphasis will be on realism, with EA going as far to bring in consultants from the United States military. It is expected to include the kinds of objectives and tasks issued in real life such as raiding terrorist hideouts, hostage rescues and undercover operations. The single player is set to include some driveable vehicles such as helicopters, jeeps and a quad bike.

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/01/06/medal-of-honor-to-feature-two-single-player-campaigns/

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Feature/167434,medal-of-honor.aspx/1

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  13. Ned

Check this out..
    Unreal 3 engine for singleplayer and Frostbite engine for multiplayer ?

SOURCE: VG247 Blog Archive Medal of Honor using two game engines

If this is true has any other game ran like this before??

14. Ned

New trailer released. It's an extended version of the previous teaser...

15. Monty

Monty Guild Wars 2 Officer

DICE: Medal of Honor won't copy BFBC2

See here for the story.

Ned likes this.
  16. Ned

Cheers for that article Monty..

I love the Medal of Honor series (except Pacific Assault) and I would be devastated if the multiplayer in this new one is anything like BF:BC2 :!:

17. Pahkiller

Pahkiller Well-Known Member

Hi Fellas
    Just looking at medal of Honor, I have never played it but looks pretty good
    I see the new one will be out soon (whenever that will be)
    any pointers?
    I am assuming it wont be like BC2 that game is good but has put me right of it with all the bugs so like Ned I hope its not like BC2 and hope the multiplayer is good and fast.
    If its a good game Will probablyt get a server or 2
    But I have no idea how popular this game is

18. Ned

There's a few things different in this new MOH, time will tell us more how it'll all work...

19. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

The news that they've used two different engines doesn't bode well for this game IMHO. It implies that this game has a sketchy past and has most likely been pass from one studio to another. That or different parts of the game were developed separately in different studios, either way it seems very strange.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  20. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

I say give it a shot..if it doesnt hold its keep...well atleast we gave it a shot aye? and if it does and its awesome..well then we got a winner on our hands:D