Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Reoh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Agreed - go save this dude's homeworld, won't tell you where in the galaxy it is though. Or go collect this chachki, it's out there somewhere and if you collect many at once, we won't tell you which ones you have and where to find the person who wants them.

I've bailed on the last few chachki's and focusing on the main storyline. I think I'm nearing the end.

2. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

Agree there, I got a mess of secondary quests after doing the first few priority storyline quests and several of them just say "...go to <this system> and recover <this item> for <quest giver>." Then doesn't bother to remind you where the quest giver is located in case you forgot. And often, location of the actual quest hasn't been "unlocked" yet; you need to progress further in the main storyline for those locations to pop up. Poor design. Don't give me quests I can't complete and may forget the details of as I move on to other main/secondary quests.

Also, so far, I've run into two quests with quest-breaking bugs and I think I'm still fairly early in the main storyline progression. Both involved me killing enemy plot assets before I'm apparently supposed to, thus breaking the mission at the next plot trigger point. As far as I'm concerned, that's two (EASILY QC'd) bugs too many.

-------------

Jack looks different...but not different. Probably the biggest thing that throws you off is in ME2 she was practically naked with those tattoos all over her body. In ME3, she's got hair on her head and is actually wearing a bit more clothing...if you want to call it that.

I don't have Ashley alive on my current MaleShep save file (she's the one that was killed on Virmire), but I did see her on the ME3 demo. I didn't get an instant recognition of her, either. She does look different for some reason. I'll check her out when I do my FemShep save file transfer.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

think of story mode as easy mode and role playing as normal though your still meant to able to adjust the difficulty level in each mode.well that's what i understood i'll need to have a look to confirm it though.

4. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

ok Jia i've had a look an this will only apply when starting a new character.

Playing Style's

Action: it will start you as default male or female Shepard depending on which you choose,you can change the difficulty level eg: normal/hardcore that type of thing and you can also change the narrative eg: let the game decide the convo which is on by default or you can have full convo choice and of course more combat.

Role playing: you get to make your character and you get same as Action though the narrative default is full convo an more of a normal combat an story balance.

Story: same as Role Playing but with less combat.

Note once you select the style of game play you want you will be stuck with that style, You can not change!

5. DataShade

DataShade Getting Started

Is there an official list of TOG Origin names? I'm DataShade there too, but it feels just as weird to blindly add people as it does to cold-call people at home during dinner time.

6. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

thought there was one?? if not then maybe a sticky thread in the digital distribution section might be a good idea.

either it be a maintained list or just where you post your origin username an up to you to go through the thread to add fellow togger's

7. DataShade

I'm typically horrible at forum searches, but I couldn't find one.

8. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

9. Shayd

Shayd Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, can PC's Coop with XBox?

10. DataShade

As far as I know, no. Each platform is segregated - no PC with XBox, no XBox with PS3, no PS3 with PC.

11. Shayd

Shayd Well-Known Member

That is really a shame...was hoping they had moved past that for this one.

12. Judge_Kiwi

Judge_Kiwi Star Citizen: Vice Captain

I was hoping more people moved past playing consoles ...

13. Carm

Carm Well-Known Member

Good news regarding the ending LINK

14. DataShade

Is that good news? I mean, not only don't they commit to what kind of changes, they didn't actually commit to *changes* - just "clarifications." What kind of "clarifications?"

Learning that Joker and EDI get married and have babies and then Joker's old friend Goku loses the Dragonball and Krilli- I mean, Joker, has to come out of retirement to help him on one last wacky adventure? Maybe Wrex bakes a cake?

15. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

Expansion

I’m about a third through the game. A mate of mine says the game or ending is much better if you have the expansion. When does the expansion kick in? Can I buy it now and continue playing or do I have to start again?

16. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

Maybe he's referring to the Prothean character DLC, rawprawn?

I wondered what kind of content that DLC contained and how it would affect the end-game.

17. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

DLC gives you access to another squad member, not sure if it affects the ending of the game

I did the green ending on my first play through

18. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

I was loving this game for about a week then I just suddenly stopped playing it. I think I am hooked on multiplayer games at the moment.

Will try to get more time on it this weekend!

19. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

(Spoilers)

Im in two minds, i love the ME franchise and the games have all been pretty good, but there are things about ME3.. ..too much conflict to complain or approve...

..maybe the finish will sell it for me :?

20. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

I have the DLC since I have the collector's ed. and I don't see how having him could noticeably affect the endgame in any meaningful fashion.