Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Reoh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

well after watching those i need a cold shower :D

2. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Ive played it through with liara, miranda and tali :) so i have multiple endings so i can pretty much try every single possibility, at least with the characters anyway, have to say i stuck with liara mostly cause i thought she was kinda sweet and since i found ashley a bit to butch in the first one (although from the ME3 demo she looks really hot in that one).

Thought Tali was very sweet to in ME2 but since you couldnt have a relationship with her in ME1 she kinda missed out.

Not sure how many of the characters they plan to have in ME3 from the previous 2 but looks like they will at least have the popular ones. No sign of miranda though at this point sadly enough. I was also hoping that the justicar or morinth would be in it but i guess we will have to wait and see.

How many of you pre-ordered the collectors edition from Game only to recieve that awful email last week? By the time i got home most of the collectors copies had sold out of most of the stores. I managed to secure one on amazon but an hour later they had all sold out to.

Was really p*ssed at game for that and sent them an email stating that to them. I decided that unless game have an exclusive pre-order offer in future (like ff xiii-2) i will be getting my pre-orders else where. Cancelling my most anticipated game ever should be a criminal offence no matter what the reason is\was.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

well i pre-ordered with eb though it was like a month ago :D

4. zetadeltar

zetadeltar Active Member

will the multiplayer in this game and the new resident evil, be big enough to warrant sub-forums?

5. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Haven't tried the MP part of the game - don't even know if I'll even bother with it.

Decent graphics for the load it puts on my GTX570's. At the Citadel and one GPU is ~30% and the other is at ~10%.

Liking it 2 hours in.

6. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

well one of me local eb stores was kind enough to send me 2 sms's about there midnight realise.
    some how i think i'll just want till a time where i don't need a torch to see when i leaving the house

7. Necrotic

Necrotic Just Joined

I bought mine through jbhifi, want to collect tomorrow but I know I won't have luck

8. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition for the PC from Gamestop, not sure when I'll get a chance to play it. But I LOVED the first one, the second one was good, but from what I've been reading on some review sites, that I frequent, is that it is better then the 2nd one, so, we'll see =).

9. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

Yup. Same boat.. should get in tomorrow here :D

10. joeshmoe554

joeshmoe554 Well-Known Member

I got the slow shipping on it so I can wrap up ME2 before it arrives and be up to date on the story so far.

11. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

Loving it. I cheer everytime I run into an old friend from the last game.

The only annoying thing is that is once again has that map scenario where you scan planets to find things. In ME2 that was the main flaw in the game imo. It was just irritating to do.

Welll they still have that in a way. Slightly less annoying but still just silly. But the rest of the game is practically flawless, the world is beautiful, the characters are great. Love it.

Edit: a lot of people have been complaining about the graphics, but they look great to me. The odd texture is obviously crap but the main part are fantastic and you are talking about hours of cut scenes and dialogue.

One thing which people have been justifably annoyed about is the low FOV. I had a headache after playing the game for 2 hours last night because the FOV is so small/squashed.

This fixes it: http://widescreengamingforum.com/comment/242894

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  12. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

13. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

That one left me in tears of laughter.

Deep tissue.. of death. :D

14. camdy

camdy Well-Known Member

i did the mistake of watching that one first then watched the real one and all i could think of was that one lol

15. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Really? It's been awhile since ME2 but I don't feel that they're significantly better but I'm pretty happy with the graphics and the faces are done very well.

16. Jia

Jia Retired Moderator

I'm curious; as far as I have read, there are "action" (less dialogue, more pew pew), "role playing" (fighting and dialogue are balanced) and "story" (less fighting) game modes.
    If I were to play the game, I'd probably pick the "story" mode, but I've no idea how it would affect the game if the fighting was reduced to a minimum (assuming that that's the case).

Has anyone had any experience with the different game modes yet?

17. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

Roleplaying is supposed to be the traditional way of the prior games.

18. shiyoushi

shiyoushi Getting Started

This is a bit OT, but everyone I know is asleep and I had to share - I just got home from the ME3 launch at EB Games Indooroopilly, where they had a comp to win one of the life-size M8 Avenger models.... guess who won it?! :D :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  19. GiantDave7

GiantDave7 Getting Started

SON OF A BITCH!!!!
    Nice one :)

PS: If anyone wants to add me in Origin for multiplayer feel free GiantDave7

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  20. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

I don’t think you can customise or choose class for your character at all in action mode.