IOGEAR KeyMander Keyboard And Mouse Adapter for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by JGR, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

So what do you guys think about:
    IOGEAR KeyMander Keyboard And Mouse Adapter for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360?

2. Nikolaf

Nikolaf Active Member

JGR likes this.
  3. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

Thanks mate...

Cheers...

4. Quarterican

Quarterican Getting Started

I've never used that but had plenty of success with an older xim product for my ps3. Newer versions support both PS4 and XBONE without additional adapters. Forum access gets you plenty of different presets for various games (adjusting various settings to get the smoothest results).

XIM4.com

I was in the same boat as you before, but the adjustment to controller is not as bad as you think. I loved xim with PS3, but didn't even bother for PS4 and I've been pretty decent with the fps genre. It's not PC numbers kdr-wise, but close enough.

JGR likes this.
  5. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

I tried the controller years back and couldn't get used to it...
    Ended up giving my X-box rig away, so I have no desire to go back there...
    I'm an older player...
    That may have something to do with it...

The other thing I need to determine is whether or not you can use a PC joystick with the consoles.
    I'm going to research this now.

Thanks for your input...
    Cheers...

6. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

XIM and CronusMax have been doing it for a while. Have both and they have varying degrees of success depending on what you want to use them for.

JGR likes this.
  7. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

BF1 :D

8. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

For BF4, Hardline and Battlefront, both the ChronusMax and XIM work very well. It's about as close as you'll get to feeling like you're using a keyboard/mouse on a PC using a console. I can't imagine that the control scheme will be any different with BF1.

That said, the ChronusMax is probably more than half the price of the XIM but the XIM is much better at 1:1 translation of mouse to in-game movement. When I bought the two, the Max was ~$75 and sourced locally. The XIM was ~$220 and had to be shipped from the US.

9. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

Do you use a joystick on the console?

In this price range, money isn't an issue so if I did go console, I'd get the best...

Do you play BF4 on both the console and the PC?
    If so, do you do better on one of the platforms?

Cheers...

10. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Don't use joystick but CronusMax would probably be better in that regard. I don't know if the XIM supports it. You may need to get both. :)

Yes, play(ed) BF4 on both. I probably do better on PC since I've got everything unlocked and, until recently, vehicle control was problematic on K&M on console. I believe that changes to BF4 and the software responsible for K&M now has sensitivity controls so you can boost the speed at which you can turn a turret (for instance..).

Infantry combat wise, people are more naturally accurate on PC but in BF4, aim assist is present and near enough is often good enough.. and it seems to get your focused on headshots. It'll also assist in helping track moving targets in your view. So, less skill involved but only because it's compensating for a control that's not as precise.

BF1 I'm likely to get for console. Moving what I can of my FPS gaming to console. Higher populations and as far as I'm aware, hacking isn't a thing. You get killed, it's not because someone had knowledge unobtainable from the game.

Hardline, 700 people playing on PC and 6000 on PS4 right now. Battlefront, 1600 on PC, 11500 on PS4. Halve both of those figures for XB1.

If you were to play a game like Rainbow 6, PC is much harder since there is no aim assist on console. My K/D is probably double on console compared to PC. Most shooters I know of do employ aim assist on console.

11. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

Not sure I like this aim assist...
    I imagine aim assist would also help with mouse control...
    Personally I would prefer everyone go mouse and keyboard to create a more even playing field...

For years I have heard talk about hacking being possible on consoles...

The guy that was kicked from the BF1 alpha/pre-alpha...
    Was he playing on the console?
    Is it possible to play BF1 on a PC yet?
    If not, there goes the myth that the console can't be hacked...

Regardless, it seems to be believed generally there is much less hacking on consoles...
    Many years ago I heard that if you did want to install a hack on the console it would have to be done physically making it much more difficult/prohibitive...

Impressive figures...
    I'm guessing you play on the PS4?

Damn impressive...
    How do you explain your amazing performance on the console?
    Could it be that less skilled people usually play on the console?
    Could it be that playing on a mouse/keyboard gives you a decisive advantage?
    Or could it be that on the PC you are up against others with super rigs with superior system response times?

Edit: Aim assist would be applicable for everyone, so I don't see this being the major cause of your improved K/D ration?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  12. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

You can turn aim assist off but you'll find almost all FPS will have it on consoles - it's likely due to compensating for the difficulty of fine control using sticks over mouse. With aim assisted games, tactics can play more of a role. It's no longer the person with the better aim wins the firefight if the game will snap you to what you're shooting at if you're close enough.

I think you'll find almost all the footage at the moment would be PC based. I tend to look at instances in the UI where it's prompting you to press a key in order to do something - like enter a vehicle, repair, revive. From there you can usually tell if it's PC, XB1 or PS4.

Consoles can be hacked but it may make them ineligible to join their paid MP services. I couldn't guarantee that there's no currently working hacks but it doesn't appear to be anywhere near prevalent in the console space.

With regards to Rainbow 6, because aim assist is not in the game, using the XIM4 you have a much finer and accurate control vs someone with a controller in their hand. It's a game where a single headshot means death regardless of health. If you have a superior control scheme over your enemies, you have an instant advantage.