invite?

Discussion in 'Warframe (Public)' started by threeleggedfrog, Jul 18, 2014.

1. threeleggedfrog

threeleggedfrog Active Member

Looking for an invite names frogsbreath. cant seem to find anyone on TS when i play. i play NA random times (work full time and in school)

2. roob

roob Retired Captain

The reason why there may have been a delay is the limited number of active players, players playing at different times and the unofficial invite procedures.

The best way that we have done it before in the past was for the tog member to send a friend invite to one of the Clan tenno with invite privs. This then gets checked on the forums for player/member reference.

The other option is to use the player search engine in game and hoping that the player you are inviting is the correct one.
    With the limited clan size we have to kick inactive players to let new ones in, so i'd rather make sure i'm inviting the right person before we make a spot free. ;)

If we weren't using the TOG name for the clan then it wouldn't be an issue, but as we are, there needs to be a bit of extra checking before we accidently invite the wrong person and risk an awkward moment :(

I hope this makes sense.

I'll be formulating a process for invites in the clan stickies after I finish SES duties this arvo.

:cool:

-roob

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    BoneInspector likes this.
  3. threeleggedfrog

threeleggedfrog Active Member

cool thanks

4. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

Just a point of note about the limited clan size, this is an artificial limit imposed by us, for the benefit of all.

It is possible to increase our clan limit, but there are penalties that come from doing it.
    Firstly, we need to create a new larger clan hall. This require resources, quite a few.
    Secondly, once we progress to the larger clan size, all dojo development (rooms, weapon and wareframe research) increases in cost. Quite drastically. This is designed to reflect the fact that its a small cost when each active member donates resources to a construction. Thats fine with lots of active members, but if you have inactive members then it is increasing the effort and quantities that must be donated by the active few. eg, almost everything constructed in the TOG dojo (around 80-90%), was funded by just 3-4 people.
    Lastly, its not possible to shrink a clan. Once you choose to grow it, it is not possible to reduce back down to the smaller costs associated with a lower tiered clan.

5. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Who's looking after it?
    I assume guild lead is trimming where necessary to keep numbers down.

Glad someone thought of it.

6. BlackIce

I was. Not that we every really had much of a requirement to do it often, and we had a lot of very old last login players. Removing people with a year or greater last logon time was not much of a problem. Plus its easy to reinvite.

That said, I have not been active with the game myself. I think I stopped logging in for my daily rewards about a month ago, and I was only playing a few missions a week prior to that.
    I have already delegated a lot of permissions over, but now there is a resurgence to the game I am happy to hand over more if there is someone willing to step up.
    There was not much to do when there was only 2-3 people logging in per week.
    Roob presently has as much rights as I do.
    I logged in today to check the updates/status etc. I have cleared out 5 inactive accounts, promoted the few new members, and checked on the dojo. Nothing new there that adds functional features, but I kicked off a few new cosmetic rooms and decorations for everyone to help build.
    Rooms are obvious enough. You walk up to an incomplete one and activate it to see the contribute screen. Decorations are not as obvious. They are red, and can be activated by activating the rooms control panel (located near one of the doors), or via the decorations menu from your Esc key. You can then choose to contribute to a decoration, and click on the decoration you want to help build. That will then bring up the status window, showing how many resources are still required.

7. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

I can't promise to look in more than a few times a week, but if another set of hands would help, I'm game.

8. Gaping_MAW

Gaping_MAW Well-Known Member

What resources do you need to help flesh out the dojo?

9. BlackIce

We don't really require anything Gaping_MAW. The last couple of patches have not added anything new. On occasion they add a new weapon that can be researched.
    Everything that is functional, was built a while ago.

I rearranged the layout of the dojo before I stopped playing, but that didn't add any additional cost, just took me a while because I had to do certain things one after another.
    The last thing I did was place a few cosmetic rooms and cosmetic items inside some rooms. Last I checked they still required some donations before they will start construction. However as they are cosmetic it is completely optional.
    I think I might have also queued up another power plant. Not because we needed it, but we were close on our limit so this provides the ability to add more (cosmetic) rooms.

Have a run around. If you see anything that is a red doorway with an outline, or a red item inside a room, then those are the items waiting for donations. Activate them by clicking on the door, or using the control console near a door if its for an item within a room.