[DONE] Introduction - Hi! (Destiny 2 / Witcher 3)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by AliasSidknee, Apr 8, 2021.

1. AliasSidknee

AliasSidknee Getting Started

Hi, I’m just getting back into gaming now I have the time and stumbled on TOG as I was looking for a group geared towards older members. I would describe myself as a casual gamer and have been playing on (but mostly off) since ~1980. Like most people at that time I started out with pong, before moving on to a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Atari STE, various PC’s before finally picking up a PlayStation recently (my son’s console of choice).

I prefer RPG or FPS games (hence the title) so I’m interested to see what’s going on with those. Also I’ve never really tried online gaming but since this is a big part of Destiny 2 I thought TOG might be a good place to start (if the clan exists).

I am recently retired and live in the UK (near Northampton). Home life/family commitments mean I generally game in the evening and sometimes in the afternoon.

Nice to meet you all
    Adrian.

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Single Sparkly Dot Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Retirement. I dream of it. Welcome to TOG mate :)

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff).

3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello and welcome to TOG.

AH! Retirement! I wish.

Looks like you're only slightly older that me by about 7 weeks so would explain why we had similar gaming hardware ( pong, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Atari STE, Amiga, BBC Model B before building my first intel i486sx-25 PC ) and I've even had a couple of console's.

Now you're here, I hope you have a great time. :D

4. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Adrian :D

5. Project_Entry

Project_Entry Destiny Captain

Welcome to TOG @AliasSidknee!

For a Destiny 2 Clan Invite, post here: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/destiny-clan-invite-thread.650277/

The clan is very active and we Raid on the Regular 3 times a week: Wednesday 7:30pm AEST/ 10:30AM BST and Weekends 1:30pm AEST/ 4:00AM BST (If we dont get enough we push it to 7:30pm AEST/ 10:30AM BST)

Follow the instructions on this post to get onto discord: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/tog-discord-server.658361/

Once you're in discord, drop a line and say hi in the #destiny-general channel. We use discord to organise and advertise when Raids and activities are being run.

CAMMO, Gilderan, AliasSidknee and 2 others like this.
  6. Gilderan

Gilderan Goat Herder Staff Member Moderator

Hi Adrian, welcome to TOG.

Retirement - I cannot wait! This will mean more time for gaming. I have just 10 years to go before I "live the dream" :)

CAMMO, AliasSidknee and Monty like this.