[DONE] Intro...

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Coyote1167, May 1, 2021.

1. Coyote1167

Coyote1167 Getting Started

Hello everyone! Just saying hello, and to be honest, I've known a site like this must exist. Thankfully I've found you all!!

My story began with Pong, but throughout high school, I was an avid C-64 addict. I would subscribe to copies of Compute! and type the code from the magazine to play a "game" that sounded interesting. At first, I didn't have a tape backup, so after all weekend typing code, I would eventually have to shut off the machine and lose everything. Good times!

Once kids arrived, I put away PC gaming, as it was a hassle to update drivers continuously and upgrade video cards every 18 months. So in mid-2000's I've moved on to Playstation. Currently on PS4, as you all know how hard the PS5 is to come by.

Almost exclusively play the Call of Duty franchise now. Hoping to find some pals for WarZone. I'm decent in Cold War, but I'm not very good on WarZone, as I hardly ever play it. I would love to find buddies to play, as the random matches have much to be desired as far as teamwork. I'm in USA Central Time and go by Coyote1167 on PSN and Activision. Happy to be here!!

2. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Hi Coyote!
    Welcome to TOG from another new(ish) member. Lucky for you I'm both a Warzone player and not very good! (smile). UK based and normally play most evenings from 7pm to 9pm that's about an hour or so from now (for reference) - look me up in game and send a friend request and we'll have some fun!
    I play with a few other older, chiller players too - so we can all hook up over time if you like.
    We play for fun and chill - no ranting even when we die for the 10th time!
    See you soon...Mike

PS my Warzone in-game tag is Zoot#6260840

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Coyote and welcome. I've got some great news...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff).

:D

Rukus308, CAMMO and Gilderan like this.
  4. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG Coyote :)

Rukus308, CAMMO, Monty and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Coyote :D

Monty likes this.