How well do XIM4 and Chronosmax work on this?

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Bort, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Well, on any ps4 game really

I know I'll get better at using a controller, but it still seems awkward to me.

2. CaktuzJack

CaktuzJack Just Joined

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it's the exact opposite for me.

I used to play FPS games on PC with the KB/M, but since 2006 when the Xbox 360 & PS3 came out, I learned how to play FPS games with a controller, and... Now I can't go back to KB/M - lol :D

I know analog sticks will never be as accurate as a mouse, but consoles games are designed to not need such precise aiming... Not just because of auto-aim, but because most console shooters are fast paste where getting close enough is good enough e.g. Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, etc.

3. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Cronusmax works really well as it has very comprehensive mouse settings. I've used it for Destiny and Killzone Shadow Fall, it works incredibly well for Destiny and ok for Killzone. KZ has very weighty controls with a lot of acceleration so it required a lot more tweaking.

If you're like me and have a PC FPS background I'd really recommend it, I'm still messing with my settings for destiny but I've got aiming pretty much spot on now. Every kill is a precision kill :)

The only issue is turn rate isn't as good as it could be, particularly while sprinting or riding a sparrow as the game reduces the rate at which you turn while doing those. I'm sure with a bit more tweaking or maybe a script I could get those right.

4. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Well, to answer my own question: pretty damn well. Bought a XIM4 and played around with it tonight - and its pretty smooth. It feels...well - like a pc shooter.

Doesnt help me in pvp tho, I'm generally dead before I can even think of reacting.

5. ozkao

ozkao Active Member

I was looking at purchasing a Xim4 as I find the analog sticks frustrating for aiming. I was wondering if you purchased your Xim4 directly from there website or did you manage to find a seller in Australia ?

6. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Directly from their website - shipping wasnt bad (but its actually pretty small). Quick shipping too - ordered it on Thursday, was here on Monday.

7. ozkao

ozkao Active Member

wow thats pretty quick, yeah i have my ps4 running thru my 27" samsung led monitor my plan is to use a kvm with it so it becomes a one switch process to swap between my gaming pc and ps4 :cool: