Horizons

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Karmajay, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Just remember, the higher you have all your muti-classes, the higher your adv rating is, which determines how much xp you get when fighting same lvl creatures as yourself.

I never did any blacksmith so I'm not sure which prestige school goes with it. A couple things...if you feel you are going to be doing a lot of crafting..I've heard it is sometimes better to go gatherer first. If you get some good levels in gatherer, then you can harvest or mine more at one time. This could help you in the long run.

What I do as an outfitter, is spend the first 30 mins or so crafting basic armor. Then I go to different towns (you can only seel 5 things on each cosigner) and place them for sale. When I get on next usually those 20 or 30 items are sold and I've made a few silver! For me that is enough money, because a monk doesn't need weps, and nobody makes good armor for them either!

What else...as far as combat goes...stick to the newbie area killing crabs or what not...big diff in this game is something a few levels higher then you can definitely whip up on you!

Also, the quests (although quite simplistic) can give you great xp.

Well, good luck, I'm not sure how into it I am, I just got Call of Duty, plus after reading the newest on WoW, I dont know if I can play any thing till that comes out! hehe

PS yes that is correct, each skill and attribute moves up a certain amount each level depending on your class. For ex..warrior hit point go up fast..so someone who wants to play a mage might level 9 or 10 levels of warrior first, so that there hitpoints are much higher then what they would be if they went straight mage!

2. OldCrow

OldCrow World of Warcraft Officer

Well have been playing for a Month and find the game fun, but lacking. Am currently a level 14 dragon Adventured/12 Dragon crafter.
    The most anoying thing about dragons is their hord, you have to maintain it at a certian level to maintan good damage for your breath weapon, and good armour rating...but the amounts you have to keep the hord at is just silly. at level 14 my hord amount should be 7400. 10 copper = 1 point in your hord, so as you can see you spend way too much time working on crafts to throw into your hord...Dragons are deffenetly for the player with nothing else in their life but to play horizions all day.
    So I created a second character on Twilight, a cat scout named Spaher, to see if the game is more entertaing not being a Dragon. But I must say, that unless something amazing happens to the gamplay of this game within the next 3 months (thats when my subscription ends) I will quit and wait for the release (unless it comes out sooner ) of WoW which looks a LOT more promising

OldCrow

3. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Well, I know most of you have stopped playing but I'm really enjoying the game. The more I get into the better it becomes. There is still quite a lot to learn as I've just been leveling. I'm not sure about these Call of Fate guys as they seem a bit to serious for me.

4. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

They are friendly guild they just like meetings and stuff.

It isnt a bad game, but my characters always pine for a more adventurous life. PLUS, I know if I don't play something for a week, and I'm not dying to get back in, I'm over it...

5. Rickety

I can understand that mate. Yeah, their forusm seem pretty good. I just don't really see myself playing that often to warrant joining but I'll still keep them in mind. I've set myself a goal in game though and that is I want to reach Battlemage. This will require me to be a level 20 Mage as well as a level 15 warrior so I've got a bit of gaming to go yet :)

I've made it to level 11 Warrior, Level 8 Mage, Level 8 Cleric (was going to go Paladin).

Any tips?

6. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

well you are doing pretty well on your own.

The reason I joined them because it is tougher in that game to get in a group if youaren't in a guild.

Go to a place like Crankanspanks house or in a blighted area to get more xp.

Discovery is a guild with no website...they are just ther to help people, and group up.

7. Rickety

Thanks for the extra info. This discovery guild sounds just what I'm looking for. Do they hang out in any particular city or should I just show up to fighting zones? What is Crankanspanks house?

I have a question for you also. Are the requirements listed on items bugged or is there other 'secret' requirements that I shoudl know about. For example, As a Warrior I can wear low level platemail. According to the requirement I only need to be current adventure level 11 and 110 Armour. When I changed to 10th Level Cleric, I was still unable to wear it even though my armour was over 110 and my adventure level is 12?

8. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Yeah...

Although you are multiclassed, you are still restricted to the class armor/weps etc... no matter what your skill levels are...

9. Rickety

Yep, I qualify on all counts as far as I can see.

I have the skill required (110 base Armour)
    I have the level required (level 11 Adventurer)
    I have the class required (Cleric, this is shown highlighted in Green).

As far as I can tell I should be able to use it. A cleric should be able to use all armour as far as I know? Oh well ...

10. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Cleric is not allowed to wear plate armor I believe. They are limited to something a little less daunting.

Its hard to swing those arms in the healing motion with plate armor!

11. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

From a quick look, didn't look like anyone mentioned the 7 day free trial.
    I popped a link up on the main page under the MMORPG news.
    Just for those that got interested but never took the leap :mrgreen:

12. Rickety

Thanks Redman. I'm still playing the game ...

13. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

I commented for the main page one also, but I heard that the new LARGE patch that just went out has totally devastated the game. Over half, if not more of people that log on can only see the clouds and sky and cant move.

That is the info I'm hearing...

14. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

Cool, I knew Rick was into it, and free trials are just that, might interest more TOG people to get into the game.
    Bummer about the patch, ta for the comment Karmajay
    I might throw up info on that patch, or Mr Ricketty can do that.