[DONE] Hoping to join the ranks - WoW

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Damian Boocock, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Damian Boocock

Damian Boocock Getting Started

Good evening folks, hope you are well.

My name is Damian, i am 45 years old and hail from Lancashire, England. My wife and i have 2 children, a girl who turns 5 in a few weeks and a 12 week old boy.

I work in the painting and decorating industry, its a family business started by my Father and we emply around 30 members of staff. Combine my family and work life and as you can imagine the days of having hours on end to game have long since passed me by.

I have been a gamer since the tail end of the 70`s, started out on a rip off of Pong, moved on to the Atari 2600 and have owned pretty much every home computer and console ever since - even oddities such as the PC Engine (PC Kid!) and Atari Jaguar (Tempest!).

For the past 15 years i have mostly played WoW as a raider, but enjoy other games too. Currently i am dabbling with Anthem, Destiny 2, replaying the Titanfall 2 campaign and spending the odd hour going through the BFV campaign, oh and i have Resident Evil 2 still to even fire up for the first time!

I am looking to join you guys based upon your ethos, we all love games and i would very much prefer to associate with people who align with myself.

Should i be accepted its the WoW side of things which i am looking to get back involved with, having had a break for a few months, of course depending upon raid times and your current requirements. Should that not work out then theres plenty of other games on my roster that i would be happy to get involved with.

Thanks for reading and i hope to see you around soon!

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

Should you be accepted? Hah! Welcome to TOG mate :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Captain

Accepted? Ha! We don't accept just anyone! Oh wait, we do...

If you are Alliance scum, I believe we have an EU guild on Thunderhorn. If you on the other hand are Horde, as is right and proper, check out our guild on Deathwing. Either way, welcome!

:D S

newfulla and Shrubbo like this.
  4. Damian Boocock

Damian Boocock Getting Started

Thank you giving me shelter, it is much appreciated! I have been chatting with Sewoh who has been really helpful the past few days and have switched my main to Deathwing.

I was actually on the scum side, Blizzard have timely intervened and reduced the faction/transfer costs - lucky me!

Sysmon likes this.
  5. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Captain

Good!, Welcome to the side with cookies!

:D S

Shrubbo likes this.
  6. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

not another WOW player... I thought we put a limit on applications this month?

haha, just joking, Welcome to TOG @Damian Boocock :)

Shrubbo likes this.