Homefront

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Coddie, Jan 11, 2011.

1. satan

satan Active Member

Single player finished after 3 hours of gameplay, and the ending looks like they ran out of time or they are setting it up for downloadable content. Bottom line if you havent purchased it yet ..... Don't.

2. Player One

Player One Getting Started

it was doing the please try again later pish while I was trying to install it from the disk. I think steam was busy or something its kinda worked itself out now anyway even though i had to download like 4-5 gig not from the disc as it only installed about the same amount on which i thought was strange. Install half the game from disc and download the rest, thats a bit weird tbh. But anyway now I shall go play it and probably tell you guys what I think of it.

3. muzz007202

muzz007202 Active Member

Had a few rounds of MP last night (12+) again snipers take up more than half the team and sit back and do stuff all but build up xp and then call in air strikes no team work in this game what so ever, sad was looking forward to a good shooter:(.

4. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am keen on Brink because it basically excludes snipers from being useful. Apparently.

5. guv..

guv.. Active Member

Game looks fine and runs well, but 3 hours of gameplay in the SP for the price they charged is an absolute joke.

6. Player One

you finished the game in 3 hours guv? How far am I through the game then I was playing for a good couple of hours or so, I've just broke through the wall and heading for a helicoptor now, fighting through survivalists. It just seems to be getting into it now really. I am liking the game so far though.

7. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

Guv plays on easy,or is that Guv is easy?....heheheheh

8. Player One

Just finished the campaign took about 5-6 hours or so. Was quite disapointed with the ending, it didnt seem the right place to end it. I mean the guy died on the bridge and then that was it. Except the ending it was a pretty good game.

9. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

Frontlines:FOW had a great little SP too but the MP was fail.

I will have a look at this game when its on sale I think.

10. Wiz_74

Wiz_74 Retired Journalist & Advisor

for me the SP has a great story line, but in terms of gameplay, its average at best. The MP has some great ideas, and can be a lot of fun. However I dont think it will last long with the likes of bigger games like BF3 on the horizon. Shame though, with a good team it could actually be a really good game.

11. Makiaveli

Makiaveli Getting Started

Thanks for the info guys. When I first heard of this I was hoping for a serious SP story line. I am old enough to remember when the "Red Dawn" thing was a common place worry. Hmm but then again considering which forum this is, I bet alot of you do to :)

But since I read a review that said 10 hours of SP, and you guys whupping it in 3-6, even I wouldn't get enough out of it. Ah well, will revisit in a year and see what has happened with it.

12. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

I gave the multiplayer a good bash on the weekend.
    The verdict. Ignoring some of the issue I am having with the frame rate at times. I quite enjoy the multiplayer with the battlepoints scenario.
    The maps are big with lots of nooks crannies to get in and hide. It is good to [play a FPS with prone in it again. EA's last 2 releases they have left this from the game.

No bullet drop so snipers have a field. In saying this the kill cam which gives away position makes it snipers incapable of hiding as there are always a couple of directions you can hit a sniper from. I found this quite good. I idi come across an aim-botter last night so one can say it doesn't take long.
    My personal opnion is the weapons are balanced. I havent come across that one weapon that dominates as of yet which is good.
    Some of the killstreak perks of the COD series in this game which you can access when you get battlepoints which are earned from capping flags or killing people. Everyone will be able to achieve the points to get some of the perks. What is better is if you call in a hellfire strike or something like that you get to view from the air which makes it interesting.
    At this stage I havent worked out the squad mechanics but it looks like when you squad up you spawn in the squad somewhere. Over the next few days I work this out.
    I have not had the opprtunity to play as a commander yet in GC mode. Here you get to set the objectives and target opposition players that have got High kill streaks

Overall I found the MP refreshing. This may be due to just playing on new maps and different environments.
    The MP has potential and with some patching for some monior issues this game could have some longevity in the MP FPS realm

13. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

Damn you Milt - I thought we had closed the door on this one.. That was pretty much good feedback on the MP. Have me interested now and I'm thinking about picking up a bargain version of the game just for a look.. If I can get it cheaper than I bought Crasher then I would have to be pretty happy.

14. choppa22

choppa22 Active Member

Nice feedbackon the game milt, I pre ordered this game last week from ozgameshop for 44.99. Looking forward to giving it a go after reading your thoughts. Just have to wait for it to arrive now.

15. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

Just adding to my rants about the game, Looks like the commander is AI although it is a nice touch. The "q" button for spotting is back and you can also issue orders with it to your squad.

16. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

FYI, Creative Assembly in Brisbane didn't do the first shogun, nor the first medieval total war. The first game the Brisbane studio did was a Rome TW expansion followed by Medieval TW 2 then Stormrise and I can't talk about their current game - NDA etc. The UK Creative Assembly studio did the first Shogun, Rome, Empire and now Shogun 2.

17. AntmanLFE

AntmanLFE Active Member

Same here Choppa. Its just the waiting part that sucks.

18. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

I found out today on one of the websites they are planning DLC for the SP.
    Personally it annoys me as it should be part of the game for the money they ask for it but I will still probably get it

3 releases first two to consist of the battle for California and the last is rumoured to take place in the UK...Still reckon it should have been part of the original release but the game companies are happy with only 5 hours or so of SP gameplay thesedays

19. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

wonder if they will drop their prices when crysis 2 , brink and others come to the market

20. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

I see no problem with a 6 hour game, as long as it's a frick'n awesome 6 hours.

Hell, Portal was a 2 hour game.