Hi i'm new here. Looking for fellow survivalsts to join

Discussion in 'Survivalist Games (Public)' started by Belgarath, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Belgarath

Belgarath Getting Started

Hey all. I'm currently playing Ark and Conan Exiles. Was wondering if anyone is interested in having a new tribe mate?
    I've played a fair bit of Conan but I'm relatively new to Ark. I'm a survival junkie, been playing survivals for around 5 years now.
    I tend to not play games solo much as i prefer to play co-op (More fun) or PVP on a moderated server. So if i can't find anyone to play with I'll usually hold off.

Games I've played and will play again : 7 days to die, Conan Exiles, Ark, The Forest, Don't starve, h1z1.

Games i own but havn't played yet: Raft, Die Young, Empyrion, Rust, Miscreated, Fragmented, Project Zomboid, Savage Lands & Salt.

If anyone's interested in any of these games or any others i don't have and wants company i shall be more than happy to join in the fun. Just give me a shout.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Loges

Loges Getting Started

Hi mate, Interested in playing DayZ? I've just got into it again and since V1 it's pretty good fun, but always better with another player. Let me know what you think.

3. Belgarath

Tbh that's about the only survival i don't play. It was too empty and found that only other players were a challenge. They disappeared for years the devs then released this v1 at the click of their fingers. There are so many better survivals i feel and DayZ is just not really not relevant to me. Thanks for asking though. I appreciate it. If it was any other survival i would probably of said yes.

4. Loges

Loges Getting Started

Fair enough. I'm big on the survival aspect and actually find the human interaction the most thrilling part. I tend to linger in the forests and small villages and rarely enter the big cities where all the pvp happens. When I do come across another player I tend to hide, especially if they're carrying. I'm on one called Dayzdownunder which is heavily populated and split into factions. So far I'm surviving on my own despite the large numbers of groups.
    Only other survival game I have is 'The Long Dark' which I enjoy and is worth a look if that's what you're into. Of your list, which do you recommend for my next survival adventure?

5. Belgarath

Tbh you almost had me. I'm a sucker for survivals and was kinda rockin back and forth on the idea of giving DayZ another go. I don't mind playing pvp if it's sorta even numbers in groups etc. I kinda got sick of pvp in games like h1z1, Conan Exiles & Rust where i found most groups were either 1-3 people and the server ruled by a the group that had say 8-10+ people. Making pvp almost dead and just more try to avoid the big clans. But you're dead right, it is a far bigger thrill with people than without.

I tend to like games that have both a pvp & pve element. As having some good pve (lots of ai) Like 7 days to die, i found it made it harder for bigger clans to invade you when you're playing in a small crew. In 7 days to die, you could build massive moats around your base then placing torches and heat items (forges, chem station etc) you could build up a mssive heat rating which would attract more zombies in general and a specific type called a screamer that would call in reinforcements as soon as she spots a human. So you could have say 20 screamers roaming all around your base, giving you the advantage to pick off incoming enemies with a scope.

If you want some more survivals, i'd advise checking g2play before steam. Most of the time the games are cheaper.

7 days to die no matter what some people complain about the new version is still a great and unique game. You defend your base every 7 days, multiple cool biomes and a decent sized map. Just great fun if you can find a good server or rent your own. You never feel over powered and the game has a built in difficulty called gamestage that starts at 1 and goes all the way up to 4000. The only way to drop the gamestage is to de a bunch. Great server options to tailor the game to your liking.

Subnautica, although single player. Is absolutely awesome. Best underwater game there is.

Raft is nice and relaxing, bit different. Probably a bit shallow compared to others. But good for a short time if you can get it on sale. Just unique and relaxing.

Ark is again a bit different. I don't mind a grind but i found this game took forever to do most things. Also food, water was never a challenge and the only way to kill bigger dinos was to spend hours and hours taming dinos to a max level.
    Good game if you have a lot of time on your hands i guess, but i didn't.

Desolate is a cool looking horror. I havn't played it but just alot of people saying how hard the monsters are to kill and the atmosphere of this game make me really want to try it.

Don't starve excellent top down survival.

I have the long dark as well. I probably got about 30 survivals :D

But yea it depends what you value most in a survival.