[DONE] Hi everyone:)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by abbynormal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. abbynormal

abbynormal Getting Started

I've been looking for a forum with some folks more my age (66), and also, people that can help me figure out which games to try since I'm not yet a "gamer".

I'm retired, and computers are one of my fave things. I have only played Hidden Object Games, and my faves are Domini. I think I own about every game they've put out. I am interested in finding games that are more challenging, but I have yet to even play one of the "freebies".

I like to find things, figure out "puzzles", maybe mysterious games (solve the mystery). To be honest, I don't know what would really catch and hold my interest. I read a lot of books and they are always mysteries. I just don't know what to even try, but I am hoping someone will know how I feel, and maybe been there themselves.

Single player for sure, as I don't want to get with others and hold them back, or get in anyone's way. I hope to get to where I could play multi-player games if I'm any good at this. I do have a Gaming PC because I wanted a desktop, and figured if I ever got interested enough to jump into gaming, I'd have a good PC to play on.

So I don't really know what to ask, except, HELP o_O

PS Most of all, I want to have fun:D

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Don't be so worried about getting in someones way mate, all part of the fun and there is nothing quite like screwing up in multiplayer with a bunch of mates laughing at your incompetence... ahh good times :D

Mate honestly I am not real sure how to go about helping you except suggesting you have a look around this here place and all of it's divisions.

Now you are a member just click here and scroll down. These are all the various divisions of this place. Mostly games but sometimes real life hobbies and general chit chat. You are free to look around and perhaps find something that does interest you. If you do find a game that does look like a bit of alright for you then feel free to ask questions in the relevant division. That is what they are there for.

Also there is some links below for various "game types", Generally for me it is FPS (First person shooters) and Simulations because I don't want to go to jail and or can't afford fighter aircraft etc but I might suggest Strategy for you.

Anywho..........

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla likes this.
  3. abbynormal

Wow, I think I'll frame that reply! Now I'm more scared than ever:eek: but I will click all your little goodies. Kind of like Christmas, well, maybe not.

Did you pick a stupid name and change it to another? :D Well if I don't get 86'd, I'll be roaming about looking to meet "more" of my kind.

Yes, I did laugh, but it was the 2 links after Member News;)

newfulla, CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  4. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Hehe also beware the goat mate. Its out there somewhere :D

(No serious!!)

5. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

haha at the goat, he's been very quiet of late, must be busy grazing somewhere..

Welcome to TOG @abbynormal , love the name btw very clever.

abbynormal and Shrubbo like this.
  6. abbynormal

I didn't have my settings right and apologize for not answering. I also got playing a game for the first time, I mean something other than hidden object. The Room?? It was a nightmare, LOL! But I just finished it tonight. I would have drowned without the "hints". Now I'm busy looking for next "self-punishment" game, LOL!! Thank you for the welcome;) Yep, love Young Frankenstein, they sure don't make'em like that anymore:(

newfulla and Shrubbo like this.