[DONE] Hi all, keen FPS/Call of Duty player here!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Str1fe, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Str1fe

Str1fe Getting Started

Hi everyone, I'm Pete, a.k.a 'Str1fe'.

I got back into gaming (after a 10-year break) a couple of years ago, to bond with my 11-yo son who lives interstate, and got hooked on FPS games (Apex Legends, then switched to CoD MW & CW).

I'm in Sydney, Australia, and mainly play COD Cold War and MW Multiplayer a couple of weeknights and sometimes on the weekend. I play on PC with a controller, am pretty chill as a player, and do my best to have good comms and callouts. I have a 1.8-1.9 KDR overall (c. 2.5 in my fave modes like TDM/FFA). I also used to be an officer in the Australian Army (Infantry and SF), so I can think tactically in game and can work well with a team.

I'm 50, and started gaming in the late 70's while growing up in NZ (Space Invaders, etc. at the local arcade, original D&D, etc.) and then played every conceivable TTRPG in the 80's. The first video game I ever played was Pong, when I was 6-yo. I used to play tabletop war games (WRG rules/historical & WH fantasy) at a club and competed a few times at the national level. I was also a huge Everquest 1 and Star Wars Galaxies player back in the day. I've owned and played on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Apple Mac Quadra, SNES, PS1, PS2, Xbox One X & PS4 Pro. Built and modded many gaming PCs as well.

I want to join TOG because:

a) I'm old,
    b) I heard it was a chill place to be
    c) I want to make friends with other mature CoD/FPS players - my Activision friends list is empty and no one seems to talk in-game (except to abuse me when I kill them). It really sucks the fun out of it. I need some teammates, ASAP!
    d) I also just lost my partner, who was my whole world for many years, and am filling the void by trying to meet new people who're into gaming.

I'm also a bit of a computer and pop-culture nerd (like many here, I'm sure). I currently work in tech as a copywriter, and in the past I co-founded technology and modding website Bit-tech.net.

That's me!

Rukus308, Gilderan, AUS Ted and 2 others like this.
  2. AlphaGamma

AlphaGamma Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Hi there and welcome,

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG Str1fe.

I hope you enjoy your time with us. :D

Shrubbo, Rukus308 and Str1fe like this.
  4. Gilderan

Gilderan Goat Herder Staff Member Moderator

Hi Str1fe, welcome to TOG and sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Great intro by the way o7

5. Str1fe

Str1fe Getting Started

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :)

Monty, Shrubbo and Rukus308 like this.
  6. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Str1fe :D

Str1fe, Monty and Shrubbo like this.
  7. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

:)Welcome Str1fe, :confused:just be careful of Alchemist(has been known to TK Toggers :rolleyes:a lot:eek:)