[DONE] Hi all immersive type players, GRW, BL PreSequel, ESO, SGW3, SE4

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by RobbyRobot, Dec 18, 2018.

1. RobbyRobot

RobbyRobot Getting Started

Hi, I'm 61 and my nephew got me started on Borderlands 2 about 3 years ago. Took a while to get the hang of it and played it for hours. Upgraded the computer and went back to Steam for more games and started playing instead of being a couch potato watching TV. Now have what was a competition gaming computer (these things outdate so fast) and went for the higher end games. Went to Just Cause 2 & 3, Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 & 3, Shadow of Mordor & War, Ghost Recon Wildlands (I really like the covert strategy sniper games), and then hit Skyrim SE (wow, really fun and have about 30+ mods which make it really a gorgeous game), and that lead to Elder Scrolls Online (my first MMO).

I've found that the younger players always go in guns blazing and have no regard for their fellow teammates. They run through like they've had 10 Red Bulls fast and furious. How dull and boring, just run in and slash and kill for loot.

Myself, the games I play MUST have a good story. I like to lose myself into the games and characters hence the immersive part (especially using a 32" TV as a monitor). I like to go with the story and explore, preferably with a team or teammate. I really like to find like-minded players to join me, I have Discord for voice (a must for Ghost Recon Wildlands) but just haven't got that good with it. Anyway, all that said ... please lets get together and play sometime. I'm in Central Time Zone and free on weekends or a couple of hours after work.

newfulla and Tulgar like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkly Smile Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Man late starter but better late then never and isn't this crap so much better then TV. Welcome to TOG :)

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader

Welcome Robby! Sounds like a good fit with us!

newfulla likes this.
  4. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @RobbyRobot

This is the best place to hide from those millennial teenagers fuelled by red bull and wings ;p
    Interesting game history you have, great combination and variety, there are several different divisions that you will fit in well with here. :)

5. RobbyRobot

RobbyRobot Getting Started

Thank you all for the welcome, I'm really looking forward to meeting some players that have some of my games. I am open to suggestions for new games ... my 1tb hard drive is 80% full (most likely from the mods for Skyrim SE ... I forgot ... I have 60 mods instead of 30ish) and the 20ish other games. Upgrade time, should I get the 2tb SSD or go head for a 4tb SSD? Please recommend.

That said ... I am awful at social media so I could use some help on using this and meeting potential teammates. Avatar is one of my characters on ESO, name "Torben Skar". Please drop a line if your a player (also under "Notta Clueious" ... appropriate for a ESO noob). Cheers!

6. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkly Smile Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

@RobbyRobot these forums are not "Social Media" as such. These are old school forums and as such are despised and loathed and thus why I like them so much :D

Honestly these things are easy mate. Click this link (Red text is a link, click on it) and then you scroll down looking for shit that is interesting or jump to a category using the links below.

Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

You are a TOG member now so you are free to join any division you want and come and go as you want and as many as you want.

newfulla likes this.