Hello :)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Tri, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Tri

Tri Well-Known Member

Hello to everyone here. Obviously I've just joined and introducing myself :wink: Real name's Tony, I'm 28, still a bit new to these new-fangled computer thingies, 5ft 10, blond and li.........er, hang on....never mind :p .

At the moment could really only play C&C generals atm because of dialup constraints :cry: but I am hoping to get adsl or cable soonish. Some of you here already know me so be gentle ( I know where you live)

And last but not least, one of my reasons for joining-

One of you (you know who you are) has never has admitted that I beat him in a RTS game a few years back, the ONLY time I've ever beaten him he said he suicided. So this might give me a chance to rectify the many instances of ignomious defeat by grinding his armies beneath the heel of my boot a few times :wink:

edit: forgot to put this in before but if someone could add me to the TOG members group I'd be most grateful :)

So there you go...greetings from Tri /wanders off into the forums to try and learn tactics

2. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

G'day Tri.

Say.. you're not the same Tri as on OCAU, are you?

Here.

The avatar looks similar, is all. :)

Edit: Hmm.. also "Tony" and in brissie. And a whole 3 months older than I am.

3. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Welcome Tri.

4. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Hey Tri,
    Who convinced to you join TOG??? Are you prepare to kick some butt on Generals?

Dont forget I will try to steal your harvesters again :twisted:

5. Tri

Tri Well-Known Member

Pfftttt Mad, you wish you could steal my harvesters again :lol: I'm wise to that trick. And you made division captain ? :shock: if only they knew hey?. Hiya Janus, yeah I'm on OCAU as well, same nick, same avatar (cos i'm lazy) and thanks for your welcome Rickety. Redman convinced me to join, so blame him :)

6. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Tri, good move. And you know Redman, he's the DC for C&C generals so you can join our internal ladder, good fun!

I haven't played C&C game for probably 2 weeks now which is really frustrating. Too much stuff to do.

EDIT: I've added you to the members group, you will have to delete your cache to access the private forums.

7. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Tri,
    I am the division captain for Soldier of Fortune 2 only, it is a fairly small team with just enough people to compete in the GA ladder.
    :cry:

8. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Here he is, that last of the bunch finally convinced to get into TOG. Good to see ya here Tri!

And we all know that Redm.... I mean that nameless person will cheerfully continue to deny that he was beaten. :p

9. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

Crikey, told you about it but never thought they'd let the likes of you in. Father must need a few more people below him in the ladder :D

See you on the battlefied! Course, I'll be looking through a haze of Anthrax or something that'll be covering your base...

10. Tri

Tri Well-Known Member

Pfffftttt anthrax, all the cool terrorists use sarin gas these days. But to get to my base just remember that the weather reports mentioned a high mine field warning as well as random nuke showers passing through during the match :lol:

11. Melski

Melski Well-Known Member

Welcome Tri - good to see we have another C&C Generals member for me to go up against. Look forward to it! Hopefully your around Monday and Tuesday nights a bit more than the others!

Mind you I getting married this Saturday and I am going on Honeymoon for 6 weeks in Tassy (do they have computers yet?). So you probably wont see me for a while... :(

12. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Congrats Melski!!

At least you won't have the chance to get any better at C&C while you are honeymooning.

U'll have a great time in Tassie, the best time I ever had without computers actually was in Tassie. Did the Cradle Mountain 7 day walk, beautiful!

13. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Congratz from me too, Melski!

Only newly married myself - it still squeaks a bit if I go around corners too quickly. :mrgreen:

Have fun in Tassie - we're actually planning a trip down there ourselves when time allows. One of the big attractions for She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed of course is the Cadbury Chocolate factory in Hobart.. I'm looking forward to Strachan (sp?), myself.