[DONE] Hello! An old gamer looking to join.

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Wizewon, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Wizewon

Wizewon Getting Started

Hi all!

I play around on my PC and Xbox One - when time permits. Family and work take most though I tinker when able.
    Of recent, the games I've played have been more single player oriented such as, Ghost Recon - Wildlands & Breakpoint, The Long Dark, Madden '20, heck even Minecraft...
    First machine I played on was on a Sinclair and I became pretty good at Lunar Lander. I think it was in 7th grade we were introduced to Basic computer language. You know the, If this then goto that, input X, etc... I recall the game, A Bards Tale on cassette drive via Comodore Vic20, on and on, as I imagine several of you enjoyed similar events.

I've played P&P w/ D&D, James Bond, Starfleet Battles, Paranoia... in my school years and a few beyond.

My favorite games?
    In order?... Probably #1. Classic DAOC, EVE Online, SWG (pre cookie cutter)... Then, seemed the MMORPG world's age and desires changed - though I was still aligned with the old school MMO world.

I mostly enjoy the Sandbox world though have learned to enjoy linear Dragon Age type play style. I'm not really a fan of the FPS type - spawn, run as fast as you can and kill as many as possible. However, I recall in my high school days Doom and later Duke Nukem were released! We'd sneak into a friend's older brother's work LAN connected computer cubicles setup late at night and had our juvenile, "This is awesome" excitement! We'd blast each other or play coop. So can's really say FPS is all that bad. :)
    A couple/few years ago, I did enjoy World of Tanks on XBox One. I think it was the convenience of enjoying a multi player game and walking away an hour later.

I am interested in joining a community of older gamers and enjoy playing computer games when possible.

I'm a family man who enjoys the outdoors and yep, you got it... games are a nice, in house diversion from - well, life. :)

Anyhow, that's it in a nutshell.

Shrubbo, Rukus308 and CAMMO like this.
  2. AlphaGamma

AlphaGamma Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that awesome game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. NotoriousKiwi

NotoriousKiwi Getting Started

I try to refrain lately from jumping in and flooding these welcome threads but it's good to see someone else that played World of Tanks on Xbox One! It's probably my most played game on that platform at this stage.

Welcome aboard mate, good to have you here. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Shrubbo, Wizewon, Rukus308 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Ahh Duke Nukem 3D, oh the memories! welcome aboard Wizewon :D

Shrubbo and Wizewon like this.
  5. Wizewon

Wizewon Getting Started

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :)

Shrubbo likes this.