[DONE] Hello again

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by RagnarBorkquist, Apr 2, 2021.

1. RagnarBorkquist

RagnarBorkquist Getting Started

Hi, my name's Ray, I've been an avid gamer all my life with my first games played on a lightning-fast 386 PC. I fondly remember the modem scream, my first CD-ROM, and the wild days of the new internet.

What started with himem hijinx in getting Commander Keen and Duke Nukem running, has more recently turned into an Escape From Tarkov relationship (that I've since escaped), and since then I've been spending my time mainly with The Division 2. I also used to play Borderlands 3 with a group, and would be keen to get back into that again. Having said that, playing with fun people makes any game interesting, so that's not an exhaustive list by any means.

I'm keen to do more group raids but don't have the energy for some of the toxic stuff coming out of general matchmaking voice chat. I was signed up with TOG back in the Battlefield 2 days and had a great time, and think that TOG would be much more my speed.

In real life I work with Salesforce which keeps me on my toes mentally, and working from home has opened up my gaming time a bit, so keen to meet new people who share my love for games.

2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Ragnar and welcome.

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff).

:D

3. Gilderan

Gilderan Goat Herder Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG Ragnar!

The last time I played a battlefield game was BF2 with the TOG Slimers. Good memories!!

Rukus308, CAMMO and Monty like this.
  4. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Oh the nostalgic-ness, welcome aboard Ragnar :D

CAMMO, Gilderan and Monty like this.