GTA V

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Pharoah, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Quite enjoying it though one thing that niggles me is switching between toons only to have the one I just left turn up in totally new clothes a few minutes later. I know the missions will be coded so characters are wearing certain clothes but it niggles me.

2. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Quite a way through now on 360. Loving the game. Has anyone thought about setting up a TOG Crew? Though based on the last 360 game I tried to do that for that got a whole 4 members it may not be worth it?

3. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Keen to expand my 360 friends list for GTA V online...This is the first game since red dead redemption that's dragged me away from my man cave/desktop.

4. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

My xbox live name is on the page before plus one or two others. My understanding is that, when GTA V Live comes on board, it'll look for your online friends first before looking for randoms. Thats probably the only way to get one or more TOG guys into the same game I think. My xbox live subs just ran out...no $$ to renew as yet. :(

5. 5plinter

5plinter Active Member

I too have recently stumbled out of the darkness into the blinding light of the world outside my PC room coz of this game

Im seriously considering picking it up soon if the rave reviews continue. I haven't bought a console game since Red Dead as well Mixa!!

But I'm looking forward to seeing this game on le big screen of my tv.

So ...unless I hear otherwise from toggers and others, this game should be in my hot little hands as soon as I can shop around and source one :bigthumbsup:

6. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I was bored so bought it off PSN - bad idea. 90 mins and it's downloaded a whopping 500 MB. It's not usually this bad, guess they don't have the bandwidth to support such a big release.

Oh well, cheaper than me buying it in store at least.

7. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Finding it hard to aim the reticle for me is hard to keep track of.

8. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

If you're roughly on target it will lock and track like other GTA games with the default control style.

You can change it to Assisted Aiming in the Control settings, and a Complex reticle in the Display settings. I haven't tried these myself, though now I've looked them up to reply here I might just give them a go.

9. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

yeah I use the assisted aiming...pain in the proverbial trying to aim with the RS on the xbox controller.

I just renewed my xbox live subs (3 months only) so I should be good to go when GTA V Live comes online. Can't wait for that.

10. 5plinter

5plinter Active Member

Picking up the game tomorrow from JB $75 price matched to what our local Target is selling for ..seemed like a good price so I'm sold :D.

Now just gotta make sure the 360 still works :p

11. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Haha same, got EB to price match local BigW (who were out of stock) at $78 on a whim. As a big steam user that's about $60 bucks above average but well worth it. Hadn't used my 360 in about a year, 10 minute system update, then 10 minute game install and I was in.

For those with older 360s worried about the jet like hum of the disc spinning you can install the "install" disc to your hard drive then install the play disc to any 8gb usb stick.
    Apparently it avoids the pop-up issues of installing both discs to the internal drive that R* had warned against.

Topfuel likes this.
  12. Bucket.jdm

Bucket.jdm Active Member

I only installed the install disk but still got the pop up problem during the starting videos it has not happened since though. Funny thing was my 360 is one of the originals so i may have had to delete everything off the hard drive except my Forza saves.

13. Rick Fortune

Rick Fortune Well-Known Member

For anyone who needs a PS3 copy, I inadvertently bought two. So I have a spare. Freebie if you pick it up, or postage if you cant.

Mixa... likes this.
  14. comman

comman TOGOA High Sec Director

wow rick that's really nice's.

15. Rick Fortune

Rick Fortune Well-Known Member

Cheers mate, but it was my stupid fault I bought two, so I couldn't ask a togger to fix my mistake in good conscience. :)

As it happens looks like I have a interested party.

16. Lukus

Lukus World of Warcraft Leader

haha exactly what i did... sucks that the early xbox's have really small hard drives...

17. 5plinter

5plinter Active Member

FML - i picked up the game today but i didn't really do my research into the Install disk issue everyone's talking about here..

discovered it too late in my haste to get into the game....so yeah i've ended up installing both disks now..

i haven't really noticed any true issues (1 hour into the game so far) and the spinning disck doesn't really bother me..but i guess for the sake of trying to get it playing optimally, is there something i can do to fix it if i've already installed? i don't mind uninstall and re-installing it (if that's an option), as i'm not very far into the game at all so i don't mind...

i'm researching online myself, but if any TOG'er has suggesitons/guidance i'm all ears

18. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Grab an 8gb usb flash drive format as an xbox drive (ie: make sure it's empty and format it in storage settings) then just move the "install" disc to the USB via storage management. No need to uninstall. They suggest moving the "install" disc to the usb as apparently it's not accessed as much as the play disc and internal storage has a faster read rate.

5plinter likes this.
  19. Fully

Fully Active Member

I got this on Friday =)

Took me awhile to work out that 3.3gig xbox dident have enough room to install.
    So off I went and got a 32gig usb stick, format to 360, installed and off I go =)
    After plugging in the ethernet cable into my router.

I am confused about installing the play disk onto usb. What is the advantage of this over just having the play disk in the console?
    I dont see any problems so far.

How do I play online?

20. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

The advantage is seek times and noise. I have a really old xbox...The disc spinning sounds like a jet. Now, after the initial spin up for DRM, the disc is silent (you still need the disc in to start it up)