Greetings TOG!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by GnR, Mar 23, 2003.

1. GnR

GnR Retired Captain

Hi!

My name is Gerald and I have applied to become the newest (and possibly first?) international member of TOG. I am from Saskatchewan, Canada.

How does a guy from Canada, whom none of you have ever played or chatted with before, end up here? Easy. I was searching the web for a "mature" clan/guild to play the game Star Wars Galaxies with. This site came up fairly early in the google search engine so here I am. I liked the description and site for your organization so I thought I would send in a request to Father and Rickety to join the group. I received a confirm from Rickety today and here I am.

I am 32 and both me and my wife like to game. I am looking forward to the release of Star Wars Galaxies as my first venture into a MMORPG. Up until April 1st I will still be playing my Sony Station Pass games: Tanarus and Infantry.

At the time of this post its 9am Saturday here. It's around 2am Sunday in Australia so I won't expect a quick response from anyone but the hardcore players :) . I would guess the site is a little slow for me since it takes a whole day to get to it :wink:.

That's all for now, and once again, hello from Canada!

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Wow, that was fast :) Good to see you GnR. Hopefully Father will be able to give you access to the private forums. Let me be the first to welcome you to the fold ...

P.S. Yes, sadly I am a hardcore gamer ... :shock:

3. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Welcome GnR, you are very lucky man to find a woman who understands your gaming needs :lol:

4. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator Administrator Moderator

Yes, I'm hardcore too :( The other members will confirm that.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you are the first international.

Rickety and a few others are foaming at the mouth for that game. It should be a blast.

5. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey dude!

Whereabouts in Canada you from? I've been in Montreal, would love to go to BC once.
    You are our first international member I would say.
    Although an older gamers community also exists in Belgium.
    http://www.deouderegamers.be/
    This one is my brother's who still lives there, but they pretty much play CS exclusively.

TOG's current members are all in Australia, spread accross the country, from beautiful Melbourne to the other cities :twisted:

I certainly look forward to expanding TOG beyond the borders of our "Great Southern Land" so feel free to spread the word of TOG to you friends and colleagues.

For SWG, Rickety is certainly the man! We should have quite a few players though, from what I've read about SWG it may very well become the first MMORPG I'll be getting into myself.

A warm welcome to a visitor from a cold country!

Btw, we have the occasional piss night here as well, feel free to drop in! Piss is Australian slang for booz.
    You will have to learn all those terms, so did I as I'm from Belgium originally. :)

You'll have a good time here!

Cheers mate!

6. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey GnR, welcome to TOG!

You would probably find the times of clan matches for BF1942 a little awkward if you were interested ;) SWG is one I am interested in but don't think I have the time to devote to it myself.

7. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Well-Known Member

Welcome GnR, I too am looking forward to the release of SWG as my first foray into the world of MMORPG.

By the way, my wife is also a gamer (she has no choice really as she would never get to spend time with me otherwise.... :wink: ), which games does your wife like? Mrs Reaper is into Age of Mythology and has just started playing Soldier of Fortune 11.

8. GnR

GnR Retired Captain

Well when you got lives and kids sometimes the only time to game in peace is 2:00am. :D

I agree. She enjoys gaming too since we don't have a lot of time to socialize in real life. It gives us a chance to talk to the occassional adult between the "l337" and "ownt" chats. ;)

Bonus! What do I win!? Seriously, I like the way your organization is setup. I would very much enjoy bringing more North American's into the group. I'll see what I can do. :)

I am from Saskatchewan which is basically all flat lands of prarie. BC is definitely much more beautiful with the mountains and the ocean. We have some nice valleys and lakes though so we are happy. We are starting Spring so I guess you guys are starting Fall. Thank goodness. -40 days are no fun when they start.

Sounds like a great deal of fun. Most of my piss nights are spent in a game having a little fun with the other players. Sign me up.

I expect I'll be brought up to speed on the terms. But I'll ask if you completely lose me :).

I think I am 16 hours behind your time so it would be interesting, yes. Weekends would be less of problem, but your evening matches I would probably be at the start of my work day. I may purchase BF1942 soon, since I have seen nothing but good things about it. :)

It will definitely be a fun game. My impression is the more people you know in the game, the better it will be for everyone. Hence my pre-game search for a group of people worth playing with. Let me know if you come across any! :p :wink: :lol:

9. GnR

GnR Retired Captain

Sounds like your wife plays for the same reason as mine :).

Both me and my wife currently play Tanarus which is an online tank game with a very small community. It was originally a simple test game for Verant (now Sony Online) before they started programming Everquest. It probably has a community of 500-1000. It was the first online game that I came across and me and my wife eventually got hooked on the community. We are done with the game on April 1st so we are both looking for something new. She has shown interest in The Sims Online and I am looking at Star Wars Galaxies. I have no doubt she will follow me into SWG as well since she likes to fight (sometimes not even with me at home :wink:), and, I hear the Sims can get boring quickly.

We desperately need a computer upgrade for newer games so that'll have to happen as well.

Regards,
    GnR

10. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

You will undoubtedly the first one at TOG to get your hands on SWG. Australia always lags behind a week or two for the game. But when it comes to MMORPG we might even only be able to join in when half the galaxies will already be Jedi's!

AC2 was like months behind untill available in Australia!

11. Voyager

Voyager Getting Started

Gday mate, welcome onboard. I play mostly BF1942 but have been sucked in by freelancer lately and I cant .... escape its clutches.

Hope to see you around :)

12. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Welcome.

I'm kind of afraid of what SWG might do to me... haven't yet made up my mind to get it yet as I don't want a company to keep getting my money and how much time I will have to devote to this game to get value out of this game.