Glitch

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Mesar, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Anyone playing Glitch?

If so feel free to add me as a friend, player name Mesar.

I'm actually surprised how much I'm enjoying it. Consider it to be somewhere between Farmville and EvE Online :p It's a non-violent collaborative sandbox MMO, with a deep crafting system with over 90 synergistic skills.

End game consists of community projects to build more streets and services to the world, cornering a segment of the market, achievements and exploration.

Highly recommended if you like crafting, and it's a very cool flash game MMO with interesting art work.

2. Warrender

Warrender Well-Known Member

Honestly, this game completely took me by surprise as well. Never thought a browser-based 2D flash game without a whiff of combat would ever win me over but it did. I am currently playing this much too much.

Warrender | Glitch

3. Synndal

Synndal Getting Started

I went and checked out Glitch,well least I tried to check it out it has you enter an email address then the invite you you get a link to a place that says to chose an avatar and there are 4 of them 2 guys 2 girls well herin is the problem after about 30 minutes trying everything I could think of there appears to be no way to chose an avatar appears its some for lack of a better word GLITCH at any rate after the 30 minutes of goofing of with a game that had a glitch before I even got to eneter the game I have had enough of this game take care and my your glitches be small ones least not game breakers

4. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

I fired it up last night and didn't have any problems getting in to it. It's nice. Light, cute, and fun for the peaceful crafter-holics among us. Even better I can play it pretty happily while I'm doing my thing in Wurm as well! :D

I'm Guryon... In game, that wasn't just a random statement.

5. Warrender

You don't choose your appearance when you create your character. That can be done any time thanks to the convenience of tabbed browsing.

Sign In | Glitch to change clothes.
    Sign In | Glitch to change your face.

6. Synndal

Synndal Getting Started

turned out to be just a glitch in firefox seems you cant start the game with firefox you have to chose one of 4 looks to start and somehow firefox wont click them and let you progress on to setting a password and such finally got it running in google chrome names synndal in game

7. Synndal

Synndal Getting Started

appears we cant edit or post here scratch the synndal I just used Synn in game

8. Justin Kace

Hey hey so that's you unholy, thanks for adding me. :)

I found out that there's an iPhone app for Glitch as well, so you can keep your skills training as you go during the day at work or whatever (some of us work behind restrictive firewalls!).

9. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

A few tips.

To reduce the amount of time learning all the skills, max out a single profession first and then Better Learning V. For cash, take Mining first.

I've got a house with 16 plots, so let me know if you need any specific veges grown for your Cooking quests.

10. Warrender

If you really want to be optimal about it, you can use Glitch | Request for Permission

But it can be pretty painful to play the game without basic money-making or crafting skills first so I'd take the warning on that app and this thread to heart before blindly optimizing the fun out of this game.

11. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Hiya I've been pottering :) about in this game for a couple of days.Nice refreshing change not having to worry about monster aggro.

Flipp Flopp in game.

12. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

I don't know whether to love you or put you on ignore and never speak to you again.

This game is seriously fun in a light hearted casual kind of way...although you can find yourself spending way too much time playing lol

I'm just plodding around at the moment getting into mining to earn some cash and then it's a toss up between cooking or alchemy, not sure yet.

13. Justin Kace

I need oldspice! Hang on... Allspice!

14. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Send me a Glitch mail Justin, I have 5 spice trees.

But a trip to East Spice in Ix is quite fun too, you'll probably want to catch the train, or try those free teleport tokens, or just walk which is what I did first time :)

15. Ebonytears

I'm spending alot of time just wandering around squeezing chickens and what not :p Have cooking skills to the point where I can basically feed myself and now getting into a bit more mining.

I really like Ix...it's pretty...and it has Allspice, chickens, butterflys and pigs :D

16. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find that postal thingie to add you guys :(:(

As usual I'm doing a bit of everything just like other games can't resist the piggie,chick,butterfly, whatever else is around :).

17. Ebonytears

Question: if I plant things like tomatoes do they wither and die if I don't harvest them within a certain time or do they just sit there until harvested?

18. Warrender

You don't need the postal thingy to add us just go search for our names at the Friends link in your profile or home page.

19. Warrender

I think they just sit there until harvested but I thought some crops did wither when the plot dried up. But it could've been my forgetfulness in planting more crops so dunno for sure.

20. Justin Kace

Yeah I went for a tootle out to Ix and have over 250 spice for my trouble. Made a batch of salt and put my stack of flour to good use. Yay Sammiches!