Frontier

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Irimar, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Towel

Towel Getting Started

Any word on a new frontier map for 1.7.2?

2. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

They haven't even released a dev build for Bukkit for 1.7.2 yet. It's going to be a while yet.

3. Tribble

Tribble Getting Started

I would like to keep Frontier with all its great works. I've spent a lot of time building my structures eg Toghenge, Mayan pyramid, floating mansion, and my new project built in the sky. I'd hate to lose all this work and have to start from scratch. It might be possible to expand it and as Sor said areas have yet to be used or explored.

4. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

The server simply can't accommodate an ever-expanding world. Additionally, Mojang has completely re-written worldgen again in this version.

5. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Retired Captain

A downloadable copy of the map would be great, then we can st ill fire up this version. I have a copy of frontier and other maps from when we changed hosting but that was probably six months old now.

Would love to see harvestcraft added to our new map as it adds so much variety in crops and food. i havent tested it with bukkit though.

A smaller world border too. Easier to manage filewise and keeps the community together rather than being miles away.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. Misnik

Misnik Retired Architect

Yup, been playing with that on my server (is currently running a test 1.7.2 w/o mods); gone are the large oceans. Though I think this is a good thing :) The rivers seem to be more river like to me as well.