Freelancer anyone??

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by oldskool, May 22, 2009.

1. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Alright just set it all up..seems to work alright for the moment..im in the Pennsylvania sector at the moment because thats where i started haha.

still trying to figure everything out so bear with me

2. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Great Coldcam! One problem we use a TOG based voice server. So are you not offically a TOG member? If not we wont be able to get you into our Venty server. :( We can however use the in game chat, but typing sucks!

@ Horselancer! Awesome mate! We are using TOG ventrillo. We have a Freelancer room there. As we are getting more people, we are having an easier time having players on in different time zones. I know Ketsum is away on a walkabout for a week. Right nopw a majority of our players are in US pacific time zones. Hope to see you in game soon.

There is a lot to understand about the Discovery RP rules. I would advise you take some time reading over them.

Cheers,

3. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

hmm..damn..didnt think about that..yeah thats true typing does suck..oh well i will keep playing and figuring this whole thing out:p

4. Carm

Carm Well-Known Member

I can't even get the server to load :( it's probably because we are up north here
    ColdCam the best way to learn FL is to play the single player right the way thru :)

5. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Nah i got the grasp of freelancer down..because i did play through the whole thing (i finally beat the mission i got stuck on..took me 8 tries but finally did it:D )

what im struggling to get the grasp of is the RP server haha..it works alright for me and i have run into a few other characters..but im worried im gonna break a rule or something so for like..the past few days i done nothing but talk to characters ingame and read their forums again..and again..and again..and im like argh too much to take in..some rules contradict other rules..some factions have gaurd systems in which if you enter it doesnt warn you and they can attack you on sight im like..my god!..im tempting printing out a copy of the rules and sitting it next to me at all times just incase:D

6. oldskool

LMAO I know they are quite daunting at first. Don't worry to much. The admins are nice and will inform you if you make any mistakes. PVP should definetly be researched. Remember that you can fire upon any vessel in this server. Even your own friends.....Thanks Saxman for the torpedo buddy kill!:D

Contested area's of space can and will get you in a lot of trouble, and by trouble I mean dead...real quick like. Basiclly play for a bit get yourself a transport ship and start exploring. Later you can decide what faction you want to stick with and so forth and so on.......:p

@ Cardnal- Weird you might wanna check you have the ip configured correctly for the server. I know a few other Aussie have no problems getting on. Don't think it should be any different for you....:confused:

And actually with Ketsum in Oz there are a few Aussie players that are looking for more Aussies to play in your guys's time zones. Maybe shoot Ketsum a PM and see if you guys can meet up.

Coldcam- Yea sucks mate but your welcome to add my toons for in-game chat.

Brewpastor-Coarsairs
    LineRunner-Nutural transport toon

Hope we can all meet up sometime for some fun!

Cheers,

7. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Yeah would like that..I got some help from a player today he set me up mining and gave me 2.5mil to get some ships.

I know what you mean by you will get killed haha...i got shot down a few times...and ive realised that although you can shoot down any vessels...when it comes to other characters..you gotta RP it unless its in one of their gaurd zones and they fire on you first otherwise people dont like it..learnt this the hard way..and by hard way i mean i got attacked without being in a gaurd zone and the guy opened fire on me without RPing first and an admin shot him down and gave him a 7 day ban:p

8. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Also were you on before OS? I think i saw your character online but im not sure..i will look out for ya and anyone else ingame. you will find me running between new tokyo sector and pennyslvania sector haha

ColdCamV - Cashcow
    (creating a new toon soon not sure which faction it will join yet but)

9. oldskool

Well my transport class ship is in Rheinland space at the moment. I'm just trying to visit every section/planet/space station as I can. Just to be able to develop the best trade routes.

I've been running a lot in Kasari space from Planet New Tokyo to Honshu.

As far as combat goes we've been playing in Corsair space.

Hope to catch you on!

Cheers,

10. oldskool

Wow!! did we ever have a good time last night. A few of us had our first real RP encounter. The result was a server wide system war.

So the story goes........

Myself and Saxman were out in Pennsylvania space doing some mining. Not known to us but a clan of pirates decided to wage war in the system and extort and kill anyone in their path. Almost immediately there were cries of maydays littering the zone chat of pirates all over then sector.

Another couple players had requested all navy ships to the location for support. In the meantime the pirates continued to harass and extort money from all the players in the zone.

Then we see a tell in zone chat...."This is Capt. EagleEye of the Liberty Navy here for support" We then learn that EagleEye is a lev 77 captain of a capital class battle cruiser.

Almost as quick as he entered the system, myself and Saxman get a hail from a pirate saying..."So who wants to pay me first?" I promptly replied that he could go to hell and that he needed to leave the system before he was blasted into a million pieces. I held my ground and refused to pay. He then decided to set his sights on Saxman.

We then decided to stall him as long as possible. I was in direct communication with EagleEye and had given him our exact coordinates. Saxman did a great job of keeping the pirate busy in tells and negotiations.

Then the pirate decides that he has been patient enough and demands money or he will engage. Saxman regrettably agreed to a couple million dollar payout to not be blown out of the sky in one torpedo salvo. The pirate was flying a gunboat. Simply overpowered, Saxman transfers the credits.

During this time I had moved my ship out of range of the pirate and his torpedo's. Seconds later EagleEye and his battleship enter 5k from our location. The pirate the realizes he has been set up and engages cruise engines and attempts to flee the area.

During this time 7 or 8 more Navy ships had entered the system and answered the call for assistance. The Navy then coordinates it's efforts and starts a system wide perimeter search for all remaining pirates in the sector.

Meanwhile back in our little corner of space, we continue to give in-tell to the navy and EagleEye on the last know location of the pirate that had extorted Saxman. At the same time the pirate proceeds to tell the Navy that they would never find him and he would make his escape.......WRONG!!!! :)

A minute or two later we see a tell in spacial chat that he was engaging and fired upon the pirate. We waited like little school girls with 20 bucks and a candy store almost ready to open. The suspense was right down to the edge of our seats........

Then we see a cry of...."UGGGHHHHH" and then a system message that the player that extorted Saxman and myself and just been blown into a million pieces!!!!

And over the next hour the Liberty Navy proceeded to clear, engage and destroy all pirates in the system!!

This by far has to be one of my best experiences on a RP server. I'am impressed at the speed and efficiency of the Navy players to act, coordinate, and clear the space off all enemy's.

Really great night and wanted to share the story with all of you!

Cheers,

Rechs likes this.