Free game for AC:Unitybseason pass holders

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by AdmiralTriggerH, Nov 27, 2014.

1. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

Ubisoft has apologised for the poor launch of AC:Unity (it was mostly fine for me, already finished the main story line) and all season pass holders their choice of a free Ubisoft game:

Out of the list the only 2 I haven't got or don't want are The Crew and Far Cry 4.

What suggestions have you guys got for which one is a better choice

2. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I've been playing Far Cry 4 on PC and it's been incredibly fun, especially if you have a buddy to co-op with. If you enjoyed other Far Cry games it really is just more of the same but with a few additions to make it more fun, like access to the wingsuit much earlier and gyrocopters. The Himalayan setting is really interesting too and looks great.

The Crew isn't out for another 5 days or something so can't really comment on that. Being an online only game and a Ubisoft product I suspect it will have all sorts of network issues for a while, not to mention we have no idea as to the quality of the game itself.

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Think I might get Watch Dogs now it's free.

4. AdmiralTriggerH

Yeah, Watchdogs would have been my pick if I didn't already own it, I'll get far cry 4 I think, my brother was looking at buying the Crew

5. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I actually have a bit of a problem with this. AC Unity was obviously a broken mess when released. Ubi had to know the state they were releasing the game in, after all they set the review moratorium after the game's release. Given that, they should be offering refunds I reckon.

But I've learned my lesson now after Destiny and AC - no more pre-orders for me. :)

6. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Oh wow, I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was this bad.

Can't even hit 25 FPS most of the time, that's just appalling. I struggle even playing stuff at 30, trying to play at 20 would make my eyes bleed. It really shouldn't have been released in that state, not to mention all the weird bugs I keep seeing videos of.

Really there's no reason to preorder games these days, they don't hold their value at all so why buy something you have no idea of the quality of when you could wait a few months, know if it's any good, have it patched if need be and pay less for it?

7. AdmiralTriggerH

A High frame rate for a game like this isn't that important compared to something with competitive multiplayer like BF or COD.
    The framerate was high enough that I didn't notice any major problems.
    I had a few glitches with the falling through the world bug and a couple of crashes on my PS4 but no show stopping issues and easily knocked over the main story plus about 50% of the side missions etc in a couple of days, most of it with just the 2nd patch.
    Sure anything that connected to Uplay didn't work for the first few days, but that was not anything major.

Funny thing is I've had more problems with Dragon Age: Inquisition, its had a least 4 complete crashes which put me back to the PS main menu with the file a report option, and a couple of times in Dialog freeze with no option to select and the in game menu wouldn't come up and I had to go back and restart the game.

Compared to the Diablo III and BF4 launches and lots of other launches I've been apart of AC:Unity has had minor problems in comparison. I think with Ubisoft is doing is admirable and plenty of other developers and publishers should learn from this.
    If Ubisoft is willing to give a free game to us for this, EA should give all Premium BF3 and BF4 players at least 2 free games for the crap we have put up with.

8. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Yeah, DA: I has a direct x issue on my PC. It just crashes the game to desktop. It's a known issue, but when I play it is still going to 50+ FPS.

EA gives a free game every month.

9. AdmiralTriggerH

10. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Could never work out if I was eligible or not so I clicked the link and it say's I'm not. Go figure.

11. AdmiralTriggerH

Said that for me so I emailed them, I had registered the season pass too, so hopefully they honour it