Firefall

Discussion in 'Games: Member articles & research.' started by octoclops, Oct 14, 2018.

1. octoclops

octoclops

-= SILVER Patreon =-

I know the game is dead, and I know through my research as a recent member that TOG used to have a division for this game. That said, I wanted to get some opinions from you guys who were in that division, if there are any left.

I loved this game - I had hundreds of hours clocked, and as a person who was never really interested in MMO's this game just hooked me in. It was unfortunate the way it went down, and basically destroyed from the inside. I've never played another game quite like it, and it's all but looking like it will never come back.

I tried WoW as a replacement and while I'm enjoying it, it's not the same. I used to love the open world element, and that you could simply meet other people doing quests along the way and join in. So I wanted to know.

To those people who played it - have you ever found a game similar that's given you a similar experience? Some suggestions I've been given before with varying action include Destiny 2 (FPS element, but apparently no open world/MMO element) and Planetside 2 (FPS and MMO element, but no quests etc)

Atrayo likes this.
  2. 2_islands

2_islands Dark side ... Staff Member Administrator Moderator

3. CAMMO

CAMMO Great bloke ... Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Also played and enjoyed the game Have an account with ember and waiting to see what develops. Have not found a game like it, but Division may be a game that would grab you. Myself now I am restricted to mainly quick FPS games due to time restraints.

4. octoclops

octoclops

-= SILVER Patreon =-

I've also been following EM-8ER, but I'm not holding my breath. The developer was, from what I've read, allegedly a substantial driving force behind Firefall's downfall (up for interpretation). And like a lot of these projects, they take forever. The premise of the game sounds great but I don't know when or if the game is ever going to be playable, particularly if it takes years and years.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Guild wars 2 is the only other game I have found that allows spontaneous joining in of events like firefall.

Had a few hundred hours in this fame but it lost me towards the end after the graphics and class reworks.

6. octoclops

octoclops

-= SILVER Patreon =-

I was thinking about checking out Guild Wars 2, but I wasn't sure if it would have a decent player base due to its age.

I also noticed a bunch of Guild Wars games available on Steam - but not that title?

7. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It has a large TOG population. Only available via arenanet site and not through third parties, legitimately at least

8. octoclops

octoclops

-= SILVER Patreon =-

May have to check it out then. Doubt anything like Firefall will emerge any time soon.