[DONE] Finally Old Enough for TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Haillee, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Haillee

Haillee Getting Started

I first found TOG when I was playing CSGO w/ my Dad (Thrift Shopper) in 2012 when I was only 15!

I loved the TOG server b/c it was the only one I even had a chance on. When I was a kid (5 y/o) playing CS (1.3?) I had hacks that made me the ideal team mate at LANs but now all of a sudden I had to learn.

I was a bit disappointed when my dad joined and I still had to wait another 10 years. I was lucky enough that the TOG clan gave me a tag of my own - FOT (Friends of TOG)
    However, 10 years later - HERE I AM.

I don’t game much while I am at University and working full time, but earlier this year I finished WoW vanilla and burning crusade, for the second time in my life my, all while having total economic control of the deviate fish and kissing my uni grades goodbye.
    My favourite games of all time are WoW and CSGO.

Gaming is one of my earliest memories. I loved to play DWI. My first machine my dad built for me when I was 4 or 5. It was a huge tower, that my parents lined with pink fur with black bunny footprints. They even fashioned bunny ears that attached to the top of the machine. From there I became BUNNIE97 and gaming with my dad became a huge highlight of my childhood.

CAMMO, Shrubbo, Atrayo and 2 others like this.
  2. Thrift Shopper

Thrift Shopper CSGO Captain

Story checks out

Monty, CAMMO, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hi Haillee.

It's great you stuck with us for that time. So now it gives me great pleasure to say...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  4. QueensKnight

QueensKnight Well-Known Member

Eastern Daylight / Standard Time (UTC - 4 / 5)
    Your story warms the heart. Welcome.

@Thrift Shopper Congratulations for a job well done.

5. Atrayo

Atrayo All things good -= BRONZE =- Captain

Welcome Hailee,

You've got the patience and the honesty of a Saint waiting so long to join our global community of gamers. Just note the bulk of our presence has somewhat shifted to our Discord server.

May we live up to the expectations and I hope you haven't placed us on a too high pedestal. Since Shrubbo's goat is loose again. ;)

We'll be unofficially or officially not sure which one yet celebrating the TOG 20th year anniversary at the end of August. So you made it in just in time.

Btw, I've been a member for 17yrs plus. There's plenty of old gizzers Muppets balcony style all over the place.

Cheers!

Monty, CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  6. HakMe2Deth

HakMe2Deth Well-Known Member

Wow Hailee

A smile on this old dogs face! Thanks and Welcome

Hak

Shrubbo, Monty, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.
  7. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Welcome to growing old, and to TOG Haillee

Shrubbo and Monty like this.