Fallout Online - Beta Signup

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reven, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Reven

Reven Active Member

Interplay are now taking signups for beta testers for the long awaited Fallout Online.

The link is below, took a fair while to load but the site may have been swamped when I went there.

http://fallout-on-line.com/

After you sign up you get redirected to Interplay forums which are extremely slow as well, hopefully not a sign of things to come :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Atrayo likes this.
  2. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

I want in!

3. Morlak

Morlak Active Member

Me too.

4. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Thanks Rohne.

At this hour, or 20 minutes until midnight the website and forum were very easy to load and access. I applied for the newsletter and checked the box for interest in the beta program. :D

5. Jia

Jia Retired Moderator

Thanks for posting this!

6. kpkortekaas

kpkortekaas Active Member

Signed up last night, hopefully Interplay successfully develops the MMO as I'd gladly play it with my fellow TOGers.

7. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Its possible that it will never get released. Interplay are being sued by Bethesda over it.

8. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

So many games coming up....signed up lol.

9. Reven

Reven Active Member

From reading around the web Bethesda appear to have dropped their initial long running lawsuit after a meeting and possible out of court settlement, Interplay are still going ahead with their counter suit against Bethesda but from April this year Interplay were publicly continuing development and using the Fallout brand name. A second suit could be filed any time though :)

There has been a FAQ released on the Interplay forums June 18th, put together from Lead System Designer Chris Taylor's forum posts that answers some questions on where they are in development but some answers are sketchy at best.

Interplay Forums • View topic - From the Horse's Mouth: an FAQ

I notice they don't want discussion of games from "other" developers discussed on their forums.

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I bloody knew it!

11. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I didnt even know interplay were still going, i assumed that the company went bust and bethesda bought the rights to fallout. Glad im not in the computer game industry as there looks like alot of cutthroats and swindlers about.

In my line of work if a rival company upsets me i just go round and break their nose hehe much more civialized and quicker to resolve hehe. Anyway ive heard that fallout online wont be a first person\third person game like bethesda, to be honest i think they have done a great job of the game after interplay and i feel its one of those games (like mass effect) that would be better off staying as a single player game, fallout 3 is my all time second favorite game (behind the aforementioned game) and quite often an online version never turns out as good as i think.

Why did interplay stop making the fallout series anyway? and would they have decided to make an online verions if fallout 3 wasnt as popular? These sort of questions make me not have faith in what interplay can acheive so i think i will give this one a miss.

Thanks for the heads up there though Rohne.

12. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains