Empyrion Server

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by John aka Haka, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Thoxx

Thoxx Active Member

Hi, Not sure if any Admins read this thread? but after loosing my base + all vehicles & supplies during a reset on the starter planet, Ive had SV's dissapear that were docked to my new base, including HV's, now Im on a foreign planet and my CV has also dissapeared, Just made it last night after alot of messing around to try and get a base pad big enough to spawn it on, installed a shield, farm etc. Really frustrating as everytime I log in something or everything is gone. Not sure if I can be bothered perservering with all these setbacks. I had my miner and HV inside my CV which are still sitting in the air, but my CV with all my food, supplies etc is gone. Can anyone explain why this is constantly happening? Im still in the starter system. I really enojy the exploration side of this game and was looking forward to catching up with likeminded people. But Ill end up going back to playing on a local co-op/single player game because I know my stuff will load in when I get back.

Cheers

Thoxxy

2. Cortex Reaver

Cortex Reaver Getting Started

That does sound very frustrating. It would certainly give me pause before committing too much effort on such a server.

3. Cortex Reaver

I don't suppose you got any response to this?

-CR

4. Thoxx

Thoxx Active Member

Mate its a pain in the rear end. Everytime I log in theres stuff missing/vanished or not working. No response yet, and my HV and SV that were in my CV thats dissapeared still think they are docked to the "Phantom" CV so are stuck about 20m off the ground, Ive got in them and started them but they wont "undock" I got another ship and flew it over and parked on top of the miner. It docked to the miner then became non responsive and I could walk right through it, and couldnt interact with it at all, and now it too has dissapeared. So going to give this server a miss for now. too many issues. Im on the Empyrion NZ server currently. So will see if its any better.

5. Chrysar

Chrysar Getting Started

Hey Thoxx. I did send Haka (John) a msg and i know he did a reset but only he can answer im afriad,

6. John aka Haka

John aka Haka Getting Started

hi guys, sorry for the piss poor response time on this.

I have not been on these forums for ages and have been working 50 hour weeks at the moment.

@Thoxx I need to know where your base is so I can take a look at the ships and possibly fix them for you.

I am on the FMJ Operations Discord server most nights but I am UK based so odds are you will miss my time zone.

We have another admin that might be able to help you called Larzous and he is US time zone.

Please get in contact with us and we will do what we can to help.

CAMMO likes this.
  7. Cortex Reaver

I've done a little poking around on there and logged in and out multiple times over a couple days. Haven't lost anything yet.

-CR

8. Cortex Reaver

I take that back. . . I did have a motorbike go missing. No great resource loss, but it is something dissappearing.

-CR

9. Thoxx

Thoxx Active Member

No dramas mate, we all have lives outside of gaming haha. my base is probably long gone, so I'm not going to stress about it now. I've been playing on a NZ server of late which has a bit lower ping for me too. If I get a chance Ill log back into the server and see where Im at.
    Last I logged out I was on a moon with my CV dissapeared and my SV and HV stuck in mid air as they were docked to the missing CV.

EDIT- Currently still on Puoeure Moon 1, SV id is 510069 and the HV id is 489042. I retrieved the Landing gear off the SV to see if that would undock it but no luck. Didnt get the id of the CV, it was a Skaar Illustria from Jeff Randal's designs. wether that helps at all.

Cheers

Thoxxy =)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    CAMMO likes this.
  10. Medrall

Medrall Well-Known Member

I started a modded Reforged Eden server last week with my brother and a couple friends but they stopped and started playing ARK so I'm all alone on a 16 slots server if any of you want to give Reforged Eden a try (combo of both Project eden mod and Reforged Galaxy). It's really fun. 15 starting planets. Some very challenging. Lot of new POI, planets, etc. Don't try the rogue starting planet except if you like chain dying ;)

Any togger welcome. PM me and I'll give you the IP and pw. Server is in Europe though.

PROJECT EDEN:

Galaxy:
    Uses a combination of fixed sectors and a highly customized galaxy config to randomly generate a large galaxy to explore. Different star types can have different resources, planets, and sectors.

[​IMG]
    Contains both default and custom planets. 15 starting planet options and dozens of custom planet types.

[​IMG]
    Contains default and custom moons. Many moons are specialized as a good source of 1 or 2 types of resources, such as iron or cobalt rich barren moons.

[​IMG]
    Space has received a complete overhaul with new wrecks, pirate outposts, hacking sites, asteroid fields, mining fleets, and special encounters. Content varies with star type.

[​IMG]
    Progression overhaul to slow down the mid and end game. Sathium/Neodymium/Titanium, and Erestrum/Zascosium are no longer found on the same planets so you have to explore. Ore deposits are smaller and more varied in their styles and some deposits will be a challenge and it's up to you how to tackle it.
    Almost all deposits use the SSOR style underground nuggets so they are depleted from auto miners (if depletion is enabled).

[​IMG]
    Dozens of new traders have been added, including bulk traders who buy or sell large quantities of specific items but not always at the best price. Buy ore from Polaris mining fleets, deliver liquor from a Talon brewery to a Zirax trade station, or sell your hacking loot at a Project Eden research vessel. The goal is to allow progression through playing the role of a trader.

[​IMG]
    There are many new things to discover and beautiful places to see. Treasures hidden in the thick forests of jungle planets, buried alien ships, and unique capturable vessels are some of what you can find if you look hard enough. Exploration and salvaging is meant to be rewarding.

[​IMG]
    From small wrecks to alien fortresses, custom asteroids and Talon temples, there are over a thousand new POI prefabs. Many POIs are designs from the community and a list of credits can be found in the guide.

[​IMG]
    Currently there are several faction POI sets, with about a half dozen major faction sets planned. Factions will have their own traits, weapons, traders, and NPCs. Once custom reputations are added, many of them will become their own faction, but for now they fall under the existing factions.

Missions and Story:
    New custom missions powered by the dialog, token, and PDA systems of Alpha 12. Explore to find hidden missions and uncover the story. Includes a new Empyriopedia section in the PDA to answer frequently asked questions about the scenario.
    Also contains all of the missions from the standard default survival mode.
    Note: the missions and story are a big work in progress. More will be added.

REFORGED GALAXY:

Features:

This would be a super-massive list so i'll keep it as short as possible. For full information, check out the Reforged Galaxy's official thread on the Empyrion Forums:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/reforged-galaxy.91810/

Improved AI behaviour and performance
    Troops will actively search for the player and move with the same abilities that the player does, with the ability to not only look for the player and ships piloted by the player in the air but listen for footsteps and gunshots.
    Wildlife will similarly be able to see and track the player if that's the kind of creature it is. Animals move with more realistic speeds. Relive Jurassic Park as you ride through the jungle on your motorbike with a pack of Raptors able to keep pace.
    Troops have less HP to compensate for being smarter, so they're less Bullet-Spongy.
    Two new enemies: Flamethrower Zirax and Assault Mechanoid (Giant walking mechas).

Improved Weapons and Functionality
    Many turrets now have alternate ammunition feeds or different firing modes allowing you to change modes with RMB so you can for example: Switch cannon turrets between AP Rounds and Incendiary Rounds.
    Laser weapons have almost no recoil and reload a full charge with a single cell instead of carrying around hundreds of magical single laser shots. Crafting, loot and traders take these changes into account. Applies to ALL laser weapons, including turrets.
    HV Turrets are now usable on SVs. They are FULLY functional, they will track and fire at enemies.
    New "Flamethrower" for players - Good against Nightmares, Scorpions and Wildlife.
    New missile-tracking performance.

Completely Reworked CPU System
    Oh yes, it's been entirely reworked from the ground up. While T1 and T2 ships will be largely unaffected by the change, T3 and T4 may be heavily impacted and require additional extenders to function.
    Building Blocks consume ZERO cpu. None at all and things like fuel tanks and cargo containers consume only the barest minimum to facilitate a logistics connection.
    CPU extenders now add a fixed amount to your ship's CPU limit instead of increasing (stupid) tiers. The more extenders you have, the more CPU you have to spend. Losing one extender isn't the end of your ship.
    CPU costs are spread among all the different specializations instead of piled onto thrusters and cargo. No more gunbricks, and shields are available earlier.
    Crew NPCs will reduce your CPU consumption on Bases and CVs by 2500 points each, so get a crew together.

Reworked Flight Mechanics
    The reworked flight model now works with both the power system changes and the CPU mechanics instead of seperately. No longer can you lift off a super-heavy ship with a single S-Thruster (You know who you are...).
    However, with the enhanced booster systems you can get your SVs up to 90m/s in atmosphere and up to 160m/s in space.
    CVs also benefit from these boosters, allowing them to get up to warp speeds or out of planet atmosphere if overloaded.
    It is always more efficient to use larger thrusters over multiple small thrusters. You'll save a lot of CPU and Power if you trade up, so upgrading what you have is better than just spawning a new ship.
    Ship vs POI combat better favors hit-and-run tactics now.

New T2 Warp Drive for CVs that lets your warp further for less.
    New 2x2 Thruster for HVs so you don't need to stick with lots of little thrusters for mobility on large builds.

Early game and mining
    This'll be a bit slower now that hand drilling isn't instantaneous (Bad devs! Stop enabling lazy people!).
    Surface Rocks give more ore than they used to and your drills have a damage bonus against them. Use these to get started instead of trying to dig up a deep-earth deposit with your hand laser.
    Get a Mining HV or SV with drills as soon as possible if you want large-scale mining.
    Ore deposits have a better ore:chance ratio and include bonus ore for more in-demand ores like Iron and silicon, so your consumption should match the amount you mine out of the ground (or asteroids).
    Gold's ore:chance has also been increased to match the increased demand and requirement for CPU extenders.

Trees drop more logs relative to their size. Making Biofuel an easy achievement earlygame and carbon composite an easily available material to build up from.
    Component and block crafting speeds have been increased to counteract the increased material costs between large and small block recipes so the factory is actually slightly faster than it normally is.
    Salvaging follows the rule of 4, so that you will always get at least 1 of each component in a block or device when salvaging.

There's so many changes that I can't explain it all here. Go to the Reforged Galaxy thread on the Empyrion Forums for more info.

CAMMO likes this.