Elite Diary - First couple of weeks

Discussion in 'Elite: Dangerous (Public)' started by BoneInspector, Jun 13, 2017.

1. paradroid

paradroid Well-Known Member

While you are saving up, if you can't find an object but know the system, just drop in and scan the Nav Beacon, it will populate your navigation tab with everything.

2. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Brains Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Tried that, I think there are multiple different types of scans but not entirely sure yet.

3. DextrousWeevil

DextrousWeevil Retired Captain

Lock onto the nav beacon fly to it and when your near it stop and aim ship at it and your ship should auto scan it I thought.
    If the system is unknown you'll still get info in the nav tab but most of it comes up unexplored I think.

4. Coneman

Coneman Well-Known Member

Yep - when u face and target the nav beacon (after dropping into it's instance from supercruise) the scan icon animation at bottom left should appear as it auto scans. This scan uses the ships internal sensors. That will give you the locations of all the planets, but no specific details about them. Still, this is plenty enough to let you see and travel to them :) The 1.5m advanced scanner is a worthwhile investment that will pay for itself quite quickly as you run missions/travel in and around the bubble. Remember you do get a 15% discount at Li Yong Rui stations on ships and modules - which you can find in the Stations section 'Powers' filer in Elite: Dangerous Database - EDDB.

5. Duckman

Duckman Active Member

Thanks to coneman and Bone Inspector for the run last night. Had a blast and made some nice credits!

The highlights of my first week :

Celebrate my first successful landing in a station by getting blown up for parking in the wrong bay...

Celebrate my first bounty mission by paying insurance on my new cobra mk3

Wonder why my ship won't land when I am on the sweet spot, only to realise my landing gear is not deployed..

Great game!