Eden Eternal

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Tilce, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Well, if it's in closed beta, no one would be able to tell you if they were playing due to NDA?

3. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

hummm well I wasn't sure wether it was a true CB as there are a huge amount of people and servers, and a download page that you don't have to put a pin into... shrug...

4. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

CB just closed with a wipe. OB comes soon. A game worth looking at if you don't mind a quick bash every now and then. Interesting class system. You can "transform" into any class, and build them all up if you want to... but obviously lvl slower and it's costs gp to level skills. Simple quest lines - but a bit of fun.

5. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Getting Started

Just rolled up a character now it's in open beta and... I have to admit, I'm impressed. My warrior (specced to tank) is only level 10 so far (which has unlocked the Cleric and Hunter classes, which I've yet to touch - and the fact you have to unlock new classes by playing the classes you have unlocked is an interesting twist), but it's quite a polished title so far. A couple of quirks are a little annoying (and I have to admit, the very asian-anime art isn't really my cup of tea) but the game itself looks like it might be a keeper (probably because I haven't run into any blatant pay-money-to-keep-playing hooks as yet).

6. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

I just started this yesterday and I kinda like it, The only thing thats annoying me the most is the bot checker window popping up every hour. There is no way my fumbling with the hotkeys is to be confused with a bot program.
    It's a fun, easy form of entertainment for now. Half tempted to buy some currency for the cash shop.
    I think when the game goes live and the nerfs to force you into the cash shop start, I'll be deleting it from my computer, but untill then i'll enjoy playing it.

Just turned lv 15 and playing with the thief class that opened.

Character: Muny- Warrior, Thief,...Liking the melee ..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  7. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

What server are you guys on?
    I'm on Emerald 20 Warrior

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  8. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

I'm on Auquamarine. Will start one on Emerald.

Will most likely take the name Mun..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  9. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

I've been trying to ignore Eden this far since I'm on some other mmo's already - but I'l probably end up downloading the game today anyway.

The class system seems awesome and I always fall for these anime graphics, it's stronger than myself really ... *sigh*

I'll join you on Emerald Tilce, but only real casual gameplay though ! ;)

10. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Made a character called Aroha on Emerald. I'm really impressed with the game so far.

The combat is fast paced and fun, I loved warrior class and was surprised I could use two swords. That made her like a combo of rogue/warrior since the attack speed is high too ...

I also noticed the ingame system to detect botters, very good. And yeah, I like the somewhat different anime graphics.

I need to test it further, but at first sight I would say that this is the best anime mmo released in the last two years. I've been testing Lucent Heart too for a while now, but might drop it for this game.

11. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

I enjoy the combat as well.. The sound affects speed and animation of combat really adds to the fun (atleast for me)
    The melee dps classes seems to suffer/die easy in dungeon do to certain AOE's that bosses do, but switching to ranged dps for bosses is no prob and easier than eating pudding with whip cream on it ..

The botting thing is a nice idea but it really doesnt work. I'll use my sword to lv the other classes and not use any skills, just right clicking to start combat and get tagged as a bot by this program. And from what I've read, they have programs that can read and respond to it.
    It really doesn't hinder the smarter botters but can cause a group to wipe specially if it triggers during a fight. It stops your character from fighting, or the healer from healing untill it has been dealt with..
    :bigsad: I've died several time because of this program ..

Have a character named Mun on Emerald and a bank toon named Munbank..But chances are your play primetime is probably my sleep primetime.. :(

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  12. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Yes it must be annoying if you get wiped because of it. I think the AOE's will be great in dungeons when people will start gearing up and with good heals.

My playtime is usually in the morning, late evening for you.

13. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

I think this is one of those games where dungeons are really meant for partying. I play a tank/warrior and I'm really only casual as well. (accept for the first slog) but I like it. It's a change for me at the moment. Probably one which will not last. LOL... but hey I like these free to play ones cause it means you can have a bash and then give it up whenever you want really. LOL

14. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

I have to admit that I'm having fun with this game.
    Have either of you joined a guild ? Or would you like to start a small one ? Someplace casual, someplace to leave your character when taking a break from the game and not be kicked for inactivity. I have enough coin to start one just not sure if I'm high enough level . I'll have to look at the requirements again..

15. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

My daughters started a character and we tried the first dungeon in a party of three which still resulted in a couple of deaths.

I'm not in a guild yet, but yes I would join if you plan on making a guild. Another tog mate of mine, Roboscott, is on the game too.

16. Tilce

Tilce Retired Captain

I'm in a guild... seems kinda small too which is nice.
    add me to your friends lists guys.

Tilcey or Tilce I can't remember

17. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

I did start a guild yesterday, named it Liege.. Had a heck of a time thinking of a name.
    If you'ld like a place to hang your helmet or wizard cap at night, you're more than welcom to join. Your kids are welcome also.

Character name is Mun have an alt named Munbank.

Been busy the last couple of days, havent had much internet time..

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  18. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

ok cool, I'll add you.

One thing I noticed yesterday is that you can complete dungeon quests in one person mode, you get to finish the quest in an easier version of the dungeon, but you don't get drops or exp for killing the mobs.

19. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

Sorry Ariya,, The guild is there, but noone there to invite you.. I have gone to
    Hellgate Online And Tilce has gone to a guild with a town for higher level crafting.
    You may be able to hit him up for an invite or if you'ld like to be leader of my guild that wouldn't be a problem either..

20. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

No worries, I got invited into a random guild. That suits me fine since I'm only playing casually with the kids.