Dungeon and Dragons Online: Stormreach

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by MaeEye, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

Hello Setzer,

You need to register to be a tog member. There is a forum at the very top - the barracks. Read the sticky thread in that forum for instructions.

2. Setzer_Gabbiani

Setzer_Gabbiani Just Joined

Thanks Fox, You're a lifesaver.

-Setzer

3. bluebacker63

bluebacker63 Getting Started

Hi!

My wife and I will both be playing the Headstart program beginning on 2/24/06

4. Lanfear

Lanfear Just Joined

Well I got into the Beta for RF online, Dungeons and Dragond Online, and HoMM5.
    I havant had much time on each, but :-

HoMM5 SUXX bigtime. Nuff said.
    RFO I am a fan of MANGA and Lineage II so I will be getting this.
    DDO I have played DnD P&P for 30 years now and this is an acceptible representation of the genra. The only reason I will be subscribing is because I LOVE DnD.

5. hexit

hexit Getting Started

Not a PnP player, for me its goldbox but the feeling's the same :)

Hoping the same thing here...

Wth any luck I'll see other TOG members in game

Cheers,
    -Hex

PS: Greets to fellow new-members ^ too :D

6. telsh

telsh Just Joined

thx to hardrock

You were using words that seem to express very much how I felt
    - first waiting for ddo to get released,
    - second to (finally) get into beta and
    - third (and last) when the "real" release will be there to play this IMHO great game.

Though I have considered playing this game at all any longer because I was kind of dissappointed in the beginning of most of the other players (they really should play WoEQ-whatever), I've met some ppl during beta with whom I would like to enjoy _many_ more online hours.

One of them is "Warpriest",that crumpy Naugrimm, thx to him... (though he kind of refused to rp through the quests.. ;-P)

We started talking about clans and rp-sessions and stuff and he told me, that there are some guys in your clan, which actively play RP. If it is anyhow possible, I would like to join a session with them to see if we would fit.

How about meeting at one of the "unofficial" RP-Servers when DDO is really out? My Charname will most likely be telsh, I hope we'll meet someday. Please consider, that meeting me and having a session together will be some kind of getting to know each other and to do, what D&D is about: Having fun with a group of players, which act as _humans_.

Have fun anyways....
    telsh, Edhel, Adventurer (aka enni)

7. Evolution

Evolution Just Joined

I like it because unlike the PNP DND I can actually play instead of having to run all the time. And I just like the flexibility of the D20 character creation system. Eg, Halfling Barbarian cause short ppl are angry!

8. RockyMtnManiac

RockyMtnManiac Just Joined

Hi folks,
    New to the group, and looking forward to getting started on DDO tonight. Played the beta, and was looking for a mature group to adventure with. Loved the beta, but was a bit disconcerted by not finding some folks to play with that weren't kids. Anyway, any help or direction would be appreciated...
    Thanks,
    Randy
    PS: There's a European group, why no US gamers for this one. Would be more than happy to help start one... :)

9. Strahd

Strahd Just Joined

hey all i guess this is where i inform the other members of the DDO guild that my character names are Kade tealeaf - Halfling rogue, Captnred - Warforged fighter hope to cya all laterz

10. Stewmeat

Stewmeat Active Member

Strahd, if you've been accepted in the barracks then you'll see an entire private DDO forum further down. That's where you need to post for a guild invite in-game.

11. irwige

irwige Just Joined

Hi guys, this is my first post, un planned and un spell checked in all of its raw glory. i hope i dont step on too many toes. :)

I am going to be one of the few here to say that i cant seem to find any enjoyment in DDO...

i have played a few MMO's including EVE (although just the trial and realised i didnt have enough spare time to play that one, very full on), EQ, WOW, and now DDO.

i miss the adventure and the fear of dying that EQ bought to my love/hate relationship with the MMORPG. in DDO i can walk into a dungeon and think... "hmm i might not make this, but what the hell i will be instantly teleported to the pub if i die so... here goes!" in EQ i would respect the dungeon and run like a sissy to kill some hill giants in the open with ice comet...

perhaps its because i used to have the time to play EQ for 6 hours straight every afternoon when i was still at highschool (i started playing before Kunark was released) i now run my own online business, work as a consultant, have a mortgage and a car loan and a partner that seem to suck up all but 1-2 hours a night of usually not continuous play...

i just didnt feel immersed when i played DDO...

i also felt a little dissapointed when i played WoW but to a lesser extent than DDO.

i think i also miss the open landscapes, hundreds of people and yes... the hours of travel just to get from qeynos to your buddy who just logged on in lake of ill omen. (mind you being a wizard did have its perks).

p.s. i hope that i can perhaps meet some people who also play DDO on the Mabar server who can teach me how to enjoy this game. my characters name is "Copperplate Alesmore"

12. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Irwige,

There is a private DDO forum if you are a member a bit lower. If you are looking for others check there. :)