Dual Universe: Beta launch 27th August

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by DistinctMint, Jul 8, 2020.

1. DistinctMint

DistinctMint Active Member

Dual Universe Beta Information:

1. The Beta starts: on 27th August, at which time the NDA will drop.
    2. There will likely be no wipe after beta going into launch: beta will be the soft-launch. This is important as skill training is time-based like EVE Online. So any skills trained during beta (which could last 1 year) will roll over into launch.
    3. For those without Alpha or Beta access keys, beta subscription fees will start at this time, at US$6.99 per month. It is intended that this is the regular monthly subscription fee after launch.
    4. If you already have Alpha access or a Beta key gifted from someone with an Alpha access pack (see below), you don't pay the subs until launch. If you don't have an Alpha or Beta key, you can join the beta with the subscriptions (or via an Alpha pack purchase).
    5. No date is yet given for launch.
    6. As subscription fees are lower than expected (originally estimated around US$15 per month), there will be some adjustment in the number of DACs in the Alpha packs. Details to come, and the website currently shows the old numbers (so don't panic).
    Because of the above, it looks like Beta is the time to start with the game, especially as several of us have Beta keys (given out with the Alpha packs) to give out. So I'm inviting people interested in joining at Beta to sign up in this thread, so that we can have a co-ordinated TOG presence in the game. If you have beta keys that you're willing to give to TOG members, please also state this, and we can find a fair way to allocate them if there is more interest than keys.

TOG DU Sign Up Information:

Please give TOG/DU Game Name, type of access you already have (Alpha, none), if you have Beta keys to give to TOG players (and how many), if you would like a free Beta access key:

• Distinct Mint, has Alpha/Beta access, has 3 spare Beta keys for TOG players.
    • OzzieWorm, has Alpha/Beta access, no spare keys.
    • Monde, has Alpha/Beta access, 1 or 2(?) spare Beta keys for TOG players
    • Foxman, no current access, has a beta key from Monde.
    • Gavor, later entry -- needs a rig upgrade first (AVX-enabled CPU/Win10 is required)!

Toggers who may be interested:
    • SleepingPanda
    • Ebonytears
    • Rukus308
    • Ninja Gizmosis (will check out the game after beta launch)
    [I will keep this top post up to date]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 5:40 PM
    Ebonytears likes this.
  2. Foxman

Foxman Tom Clancy Captain

In theory, this game ticks all the boxes for me but in practice I cannot reasonably gamble on a supporter pack to test that. Throwing out $7 for a month to check it out isn't such a big deal though so I'll bookmark the beta date.

3. DistinctMint

Just a comment on the subs pricing for beta:
    • An alpha-pack costs $60, includes alpha (now) + beta access + 3 months subs on launch, a beta key for someone else to access full beta (which could be many months - launch is not until 2021), plus many other goodies (which one may or may not care about).
    • Beta subs are (for now) intended to be sold in 3-month blocks, so $21 for 3 months.
    • This means that if you have a buddy, at $30 each (+$9 extra) you can both get in for the full beta (not just 3 months), and one of you will get all of the extra bonuses listed above (and more listed on the du webpage).
    Of course, the $21 3-month beta subs may be the better option for some. (I just felt I should point out the above in case people wanted the best "deal" ;)).

4. DistinctMint

If anyone is interested, there will be a Stress Test/Load Test this coming weekend. More information here.
    You need a key for this (essentially they are testing the beta-key mechanism), and I will have 5 to hand out. (5 per alpha pack).
    Access will be via a link that I can hand out.

If you're interested, drop me a DM and I'll make sure you get the link.

If you join, be aware that you are under the alpha-NDA.

5. DistinctMint

STRESS TEST EMAIL INVITATIONS (30th July - 2nd August 2020)

And here is the (email) information for the stress test and the register/download link. It will work for the first 5 people to click and follow the instructions. If you'll be doing this, then let me know and I can be in game to help out/show you the ropes (in reasonable Sydney time-zone hours) - Discord or Forums. Its a ¬10Gb download, and you're under NDA so no screenshots/streaming/talking-about-fight-club.

We need YOU to load test DU!

Hello Novean,

Here is your invitation link for the server load test!

The test will start on July 30th at 2pm for backers and will end on August 3rd 2pm UTC (we’ve decided to extend the test for two extra days).

The load test will be accessible on July 31st 2pm UTC for invited players and will end on August 3rd 2pm UTC for those players as well.

We’re specifically looking for players to log in on August 2nd at 8pm UTC to try and have as many players connected at the same time as possible.

Your link [***3 invitations now taken***]

https://register.dualthegame.com/?code=5d318a78-9379-43da-8809-31abdf2b67d6

We really need YOUR HELP on this one. Please make sure to send the link to all your friends to invite as many newcomers as possible! You can send your link to as many friends as you want, but only the first five (5) who sign up will receive access to the game. We will, however, temporarily keep the address of your friends who may register past this limit of five (5) invitations, in case we decide to open more slots for the test at a later date.

As a reminder, anyone who takes part during this server load test is subject to Dual Universe’s NDA, which is still in effect until the Beta goes live on August 27th.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you in Dual Universe!

---------------------

NQ-Naerais:

@here Please be aware there is a bug in the load test email system that is sending new registrations to the subscription page. This is not needed and only a bug. Please send your sponsors to the following link to download the client once they have registered: https://community.dualthegame.com/accounts/profile/ (Dual Universe Community) Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 8:51 PM
  6. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

Signed up on link!!

Worth noting... that you can get DACs (Dual Acces Coupons) much like in EVE and buy them in-game using ingame credits from players who spend cash on them.
    So aside from first month sub... could play for free thanks to whales!

Monde and DistinctMint like this.
  7. SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda Getting Started

I've signed up :) thank you. I look forward to trialing the game tomorrow.

Monde and DistinctMint like this.
  8. Monde

Monde Well-Known Member

Foxman grab one of my extra Keys

Foxman and DistinctMint like this.
  9. Foxman

Foxman Tom Clancy Captain

Cheers man, I won't say no to a key if you have one spare :D

10. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I think Ill wait and see what this is like from the TOGgers playing it later..