[DONE] If I'm going to join a clan, TOG is the best choice

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by D64NZ, Apr 19, 2009.

1. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

Like a lot of people here I've been gaming for over 2 decades, since the humble days of my old Amiga 500 (with the memory upgrade to 1MB of ram wow!) It's been cool seeing the games grow over the years as well and genres develop after playing games like the first RTS Dune 2 (which came on five 3 1/2 floppy disks no less) to the FPS's like Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3D and Quake.

I play all kinds of games from Fallout 3 to Dawn of war 1+2, World in conflict, Total War: Medieval 2, a bit of Company of heros, but most of my online play is Call of Duty 4.

I'm looking to join and get to know a few other players my age, and hopefully there are a few of them here in Auckland.

Gilderan likes this.
  2. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

hey man, there are a few things you MUST state in your app - that your are over 25, and that you've read the FAQ, the acceptable use policy, and the forum/server guideline posts in the sticky in this forum.

After that, one of the admin will be along presently :)

Go the Amiga! Are you using an emu yet? I've found a few amazing games for it that I never knew existed back in the day :D

Gilderan likes this.
  3. SJ777

SJ777 Retired Moderator

hi D64NZ, I'm SJ, one of the squad captains from the COD4 division. Great to have you join this wonderful clan. Drop on into our Sparta forum here once your app is process and say gday. Sparta is the starting point for all COD4 division members and the leaders there will get you up and running.

We've got few div members over there in NZ so you'll feel right at home :)

see ya soon:)

Gilderan likes this.
  4. SgtMech

SgtMech Retired Moderator

COD4 FTW :p

Hope to see and hear you soon on our servers. Until your application is completed have a look here for our server details.

The other kiwi's will enjoy having another ally in the cross tasman stirring. :D

Gilderan likes this.
  5. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

hi D64NZ...how do we pronounce that btw?

Welcome to TOG :)

We have quite a number of NZ based players, especially in the COD4 division so I think you'll feel right at home.

To make the admin's job easier and speed up the process, like Butters mentioned you do need to state that your are over 25, read the FAQ, AUP, and the forum/server guideline posts in the sticky in this forum.

~Z

Gilderan likes this.
  6. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

Sorry, I thought it was just the tick boxes which should have all been checked.. but yes, I've read through all of the terms and conditions, and I'm 30 y/o.

I've tried a few emulators though finding the games is the tricky bit. I wanted to see if I could get Codename:Iceman, an ols seirra game but it seemed that it was still under copyright even though it's an ancient game now. A lot of other games have become abandonware now, but I do tend to be on the COD4 servers most of the time lol. Anyone that's strayed into Internode server 3, (HQ HC) will know and fear me as 'D64' ;)

Gilderan likes this.
  7. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

Usually I just go by 'D 64' online, or Ambiguous 64 in Dawn of war, though it'd been a while since I've been on there.

Gilderan likes this.
  8. -Removed-

-Removed- -

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 35,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

Gilderan likes this.
  9. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

Excellent. I'll catch you guys online at some stage then. :)
    I've added the TOG servers, and jumped onlast night. I'll e sure to drop by a bit more often.

Gilderan likes this.
  10. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Just a thread necro, to make you feel welcomed @D64NZ ;):rolleyes:

Gilderan, Monty, D64NZ and 2 others like this.
  11. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

Wow, that's going back a long long while. Sadly between then and now I moved a bunch of times, and got rid of all of my CDs/DVDs, including COD4. Had so many hours on the game, but kinda mixed feelings when they wanted to do a remake of it.

It's true though, the internet never forgets. :D

Gilderan, Monty and CAMMO like this.
  12. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG D 64! Looks like you will fit right in perfectly. I would join you and the crew in CoD 4 but the reflexes are no where near what they used to be so social chess is all I can manage (j/k) :)

CAMMO and D64NZ like this.
  13. D64NZ

D64NZ Getting Started

I have a theory on that, and it's not 100% the reaction times, so much as not being that invested. I play Rainbow 6 siege a lot and even at 42y/o I can do fine. My best claim to fame will be wiping the whole enemy time in less than 25 seconds. Thing is I'm not anywhere near as invested as I used to be, and it's only very occasionally when I get any sort of adrenaline rush now. So it's still there, I just don't tap into it that often. I still enjoy it as Seige has a lot of tactical elements and a good flank can get you an easy kill without the lightning reflexes required.

Rukus308, Gilderan and CAMMO like this.