[DONE] Gaming group touching base

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by parnellsimon, Jul 29, 2008.

1. parnellsimon

parnellsimon Getting Started

Hi there.

I am getting in touch out of support for the idea you represent. To be able to find older gamers has at various times been tricky. Especially when moving to a new City.

Recently I have been playing WOW and through total chance became involved in a Guild who belong to a gaming community albeit a European one which is mostly for friends and friends of friends. I had no idea that they even exisited.

This made me start looking to see if this was a more common phenomenom. And then I found you people. A HUGE social netowrk hitherto unknown to me.

I wish I had seen you sooner.

Okay some info for you to get an idea of my interests and times available:

Playing WOW and AoC at the moment. Willing to give any other game a go but don't have a great rig (can play Conan of minimum spec and probably not the end game siege stuff at all yet)

I am at present finishing one job soon which has me working very strange hours. I will also be moving house soon too so it is difficult to say when online other than to say I live in the UK and will likely be looking to play evenings UK time and maybe the odd weekend.

Have played Rp games off and on for 30 years so would readily be involved in that sort of game. Kinda liked racing too though I am not very good at em (the old folks ain't got the reflex ya hear?) FPS I like but for the same reasons am not what you might call a good player. RTS of the CoC I love and god sims generally I dip into. Would love to find a good mech game but so far not found one since Mechwarrior 3.

If you need owt give me a poke. Hope to hear from you in due course. If not no worries. You must be busy with the number of folks passing through.

Sayonara

I have read your terms and I not only agree to abide by your rules and regs but agree with them.
    1. I am over 25. Oh gawd. 38 soon.
    2. I have read and AGREE to abide by the TOG Code of Conduct
    3. I have read and AGREE to and abide by the TOG Acceptable Useage Policy (AUP)
    4. I read and AGREE to abide by the Forum & Server Guidelines
    5. I have read most the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document.
    6. I AGREE to abide by the Signature and Avatar Guideline

2. Aide

Aide Well-Known Member

Glad you found us :) Welcome! I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to whack you with the ToG stick.

Aide.

3. Bayland

Bayland The Doctor Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Don't we all. A number of new games make gestures in that direction, but not as the core of the game.

Your app looks good a moderator will be along shortly.

Welcome to TOG!

- Bayland

4. sas

sas Retired Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organization.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and has over 20,500 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

5. Oss

Oss Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG, parnellsimon!

6. parnellsimon

parnellsimon Getting Started

Thanks

Cheers folks.

Will start looking through your links and stuff.

Appreciate the speed of the turnaround, I really do.