Destiny 2 Clan

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Ancient_One, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

So with most of the background information posted you can plainly see a decision needs to be made.

At present The Older Guardians [TOG] has:
    • 282 Group Members, previous players who used to represent the Clan and other members who are TOG members but don't play Destiny or don't represent the Clan.
    • 58 Clan Members, people who wear the Clan TAG in Destiny.
    Of the 58 Clan Members only a very small number actually play the game at present or have played the game in the last 8 months, including myself.

Bungie's new system has made the recommendation based on the higher Group number versus Clan number to migrate us to being a Group with the Clan name being reserved.

The issue is Groups are not supported in Destiny 2. Only a Clan will receive any benefits from playing in game. I want to see these benefits passed on to other Clan mates.

A long time ago when Clan numbers started to decrease I was told I could go two ways with the member base:
    • Set the Group and Clan Membership to Open allowing new membership without Admin Approval.
    • Kick any members who are not active players from the Clan and hence from the Group.
    • Disable/Re-enable the Clan TAG for each console which reverts everyone to Group Members. They then have to reselect to represent and wear the Clan TAG.
    I chose the later and in doing so have caused the mess we currently have. In addition to this Bungie combined the Clan Memberships of PSN and XBOX so instead of having 100 on each console we only have 100 shared across the consoles.

The question now is how to resolve this.

I have decided the best solution would be to:
    • Change the Open Group Membership to Admin Approval.
    • Change the Open Clan Membership to Admin Approval.
    • Kick any current members who have not played Destiny since Jan 2017 from Group and Clan.
    • Create a new signup thread for new members.
    • Create two/three Clans based on gaming systems.
    • Request for two/three volunteer Members to become Founders for the new Clans. ie. one Founder for each Clan.
    The plan is to get this right prior to cut off on 23 August 2017 thus ensuring we are set for the migration.

Any questions?

TranqWil likes this.
  2. Ancient_One

At present The Older Guardians [TOG] has:
    • 282 Group Members, previous players who used to represent the Clan and other members who are TOG members but don't play Destiny or don't represent the Clan.
    • 58 Clan Members, people who wear the Clan TAG in Destiny.
    Of the 58 Clan Members only a very small number actually play the game at present or have played the game in the last 8 months, including myself.

I have decided the best solution would be to:
    • Kick any current members who have not played Destiny since Jan 2017 from Group and Clan.
    This ended up harder than was necessary so I have kicked all members and created three new Group/Clan's. Part of the reasoning is the 100 member limit. Having three Group/Clans will enable us to have 100 membership for each one so 300 total.

See details: The Older Guardians (PSN, XBOX, PC)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    TranqWil likes this.
  3. Vanwinkle58

Vanwinkle58 Getting Started

where do we go to be added to the D2 clan?. "link" comes up as an error..
    Thanks

4. Ancient_One

5. Vanwinkle58

Vanwinkle58 Getting Started

Thank you, I am sorted now.. cheers

6. Tancred

Tancred Getting Started

Request for invite to Clan sent! :)

7. woopderson

woopderson Getting Started

Request for PC sent!

8. Greyflame

Greyflame Destiny Captain

Hey guys, please check the stickied thread for instruction on getting an invite. Will be locking this thread to avoid confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.